The First Turnabout

It was springtime in Japan and both Phoenix Wright and Ben Tennyson both have just passed their bar exams. In fact, not only had Ben Tennyson just passed the bar exam, but it also meant that it has been one year since he last used the Omnitrix. No one really knew about the Omnitrix really and if someone asked him where he got it, Ben would just shrug it off and try to change the topic but the real reason he stopped using he thing was because not too long ago before he came to this world, something very traumatic happened to him that made him never want to use it again. It was something that he would rather not talk about and would rather avoid talking about it if possible but today he was not going to think about that because today was going to be his first real trial alongside his adoptive father Phoenix Wright. Although, saying that the ex hero was nervous would be an understatement because their first client just so happens to be his dads' best friend Larry Butz.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ben asked his fellow lawyer unsure of the choice he made but it wasn't the case that the young adult was worried about, it was the client and as far as he was concerned this Larry Butz guy had a habit of causing trouble wherever he went as far as he was concerned. "Long time no see Larry." Said Ben as he cringed as the client decided to invade his personal space.

"You have got to help me buddy!" Said Larry as he shook Ben violently and then cried onto Phoenix's shoulders. "I am Innocent! I have nothing to do with that murder! You have to help me!" Larry said as he cried some more. After a bit of begging, mostly from Larry, the two finally agreed to help but they couldn't do it today since they just moved into a new neighborhood and Phoenix thought that his old apartment wasn't suitable for both him and Ben to live in which was why they spent the entire afternoon fixing the place up before the start of their first trial.

"So Phoenix, where do you want me to put these boxes?" Ben asked before moving the last two boxes into his new room. After a full afternoon of unpacking, they both realized that it was getting late and they both new that Mia would have their heads if they were late again. Although Ben would have gone XLR8 in a situation like this but was hesitant about it when his adoptive parent brought out two bikes. 'Maybe later.' He thought to himself. For a moment, Phoenix stopped and asked his son if he was ok only to realize that he was lying since he knew for a fact that the ex hero's right eye always twitched whenever he lied. The older attorney then shrugged it off knowing that he wasn't going to get anything out of him.

"I told you that we would make it on time." Announced Phoenix while both were obviously exhausted and once Ben saw Mia bad memories from the past began to surface as he began pale up a bit as he remembered that brutal murder. It was so disgusting that he wanted to pass out from just thinking about he would have to is it wasn't for Mia who was able to snap him back to reality.

"You don't look so good Ben and I know that you were thinking about the incident. Are you sure that you can handle it? It is a homocide case after all and it's not just your well being that I am concerned about. It's just that most lawyers would not take a homocide case on their first day and you know how ambitious your father can be." Mia said trying not to think about the incident as well as trying not to get sick herself. Phoenix then frowned even though that he did not know much about the case that Ben was involved in, but as far as he could tell, the scene must have been pretty gruesome if neither Ben nor Mia would even try to mention it and as a father, he would like to help Ben emotionally. Although the young adult did thought that it was nice to see Mia again since she helped him and all but decided to step aside for a moment so that his dad could catch up with his old mentor.

"Honestly, I think that Phoenix would do fine, it's the defendant that I'm worried about."