three !

H. J. Dipasupil, eleventh grade

"Hala, shet." were the only words that elicited Harvey's mouth once he saw what Badjao placed in front of him.

"So," Badjao started, sitting down, "tama ba?" He was trying his best to hide his smirk. Harvey gulped. It was correct, but his pride wanted to tell him it wasn't right, yet he couldn't imagine leaving the food untouched. He stared at the meal and at Badjao, who was patiently waiting for answer.

Swallowing his pride, Harvey nodded in defeat. Badjao gave him a grin and handed him utensils. He started to eat his meal whilst Harvey played with his. How did he know?

He voiced his thoughts and the other boy giggled slightly.

"Kasi naman, last week nagkasabay tayong mag-Jollibee. Ta's mukha kang bata 'dun-" he giggled once more-"parang ngayon lang nakakita ng Jollibee. Ta's medyo malakas pa yung pagka-order mo kaya naalala ko siya." Harvey became as red as a beet.

"Nakakahiya ka Harvey Jerome, punyeta." he whispered to himself, but loud enough for Badjao to hear.

"Slight lang naman. Cute mo nga 'nun eh." If it was possible, Harvey felt his cheeks go warmer as he diverted his attention to his meal. "Aww, nahiya siya." Badjao gave one last giggle before going back to his meal.

Finally, when Harvey was finished with his food and got himself back to normal, he stood up and thanked Badjao.

"'Di ka sasabay sa'kin?" Badjao asked before taking a sip from his drink.

"'Di na." he softly answered, avoiding eye contact. "Mas ma-aabala kita." Badjao guffawed and stood up.

"Nakakahawa pala kalutangan ni Ter." Harvey knitted his eyebrows together. "Limang tambling lang layo ng bahay mo sa'min." He stood dumbfounded until it dawned on him that they live on the same street. A blush peppered his cheeks once again.

Puta mapapahiya ako dito ng wala sa oras. He thought to himself.

"Tara na." Badjao said as he slung his arm around Harvey's shoulder.

PUTANGINA NAMAN BADJAO ANO BA GUSTO MONG MANGYARI SA'KIN AH? SUNDUIN NI LORD ANO BADJAO NAMAN

"Okay lang ba?" he asked when he noticed Harvey slightly flinch.

OO PUTA SHET KINIKILIG NGA AKO EH

"Yes, okay lang naman." Harvey answered, smiling, knowing that it's more than okay.

---

"Kuya Harvey!" Sadie greeted once she saw her older brother by their gate.

"Hi Sades." he smiled as his older sister came rushing to hug him.

"Sige, alis na 'ko. 'Kita nalang tayo bukas." Badjao said, taking his arm off Harvey's shoulder. The latter slightly winced at the sudden loss of contact, but Badjao didn't notice it.

"A'ight. Bye." he said, waving at the other boy who was already walking away. His smile faded a little.

"Sino 'yun Kuya?" Sadie asked his brother, noticing the sudden change of his features. "Boyfriend mo?" Harvey's eyes widened.

"Hala, hindi." he pushed her slightly to signal her to go in.

Inside, he was greeted by the welcoming scent of his mother's cooking from the kitchen. He didn't hesitate to go up to her for a hug.