Bullet Hole

Jess pulls the front door to the house open and walks out and waits for me to shut the door. I put one foot on the soft dirt ground, soon followed by another step. I shut the door behind me and Jess groans at my existence. She begins to walk away from me and I follow close behind. Sticks crack under our feet as we walk along the dirt road into town. "So, What's your story, and why'd Slenda let you stay with us?" Jess sounded forceful with that question, her voice is rough and basically demands an answer. I sigh lightly and roll up my sleeves showing the two words carved into my arm. Jess doesn't bother to look back, so I begin my story. The story that you've heard many times throughout this story, so I don't have to tell you the story again. Jess looks bored by my story and I lowered my head not saying anything else.
I silently follow Jess into town and attempt to hide my face with my hood. But I new no one was searching for me, so why would anyone care? Jess pulls up her hood and walks towards a very familiar house. I look up at it and know what house this is. It's mine. I look down at Jess and continue to hide my face. Terrible memories came from this place. The only nice thing these people let me have was a phone. But the only reason they gave it to me was to make their lives easier, they just texted me if they wanted anything so they didn't have to stand up and drag me out of my room. But even the text were abusing. They got into my head, I can never truly escape them.
"Wait out here." Jess says as she walks behind the house. I sit for a few minutes, until loud screams comes from the house and suddenly silence. The front door opens and Jess walks out with a bloody knife and a couple of polaroid pictures. I don't question her and continue to follow her. She finds her way to the little path we followed earlier. We walk around in the forest with gray clouds above us. The air smells nice and fresh, the ground was soft with occasional sticks poking out of the ground. Leaves fall out of trees and we step on quite a few of them, fall is close. Jess stops right where she stands, and her eyes dart around. "Cherry, get behind me." I don't understand why she called me Cherry but I decided not to question her until we get home. A stick breaks behind us and Jess turns around at high speeds. I step out of the way slightly. I look up at it. A hunter stood there with a revolver in hand and a knife in the other. He pulls the gun up into the air pointing it at Jess. She stands there motionless, she doesn't move a finger. The hunter lightly smirks as his finger squeezes the trigger. My feet start moving.
Jess's POV
The hunter stares at me. His revolver lifts into the air. Usually I would move behind a tree for cover, or something. Instead I stand there like a deer caught in a cars headlights. His face twists into a smirk and he pulls the trigger. I shut my eyes and hear leaves crunching, knowing Mike was running away. But when I expected the bullet to hit me, nothing happened. My eyes opened slowly and saw him. Mike stood there with a bullet in his stomach. His feet start moving him towards the hunter. He holds his wound tightly. He turns to me and says, "Get out of here." His voice was cold and cracking slightly. I nod and turn to run.
Mike's POV
Jess runs away and I turn back to the hunter. My feet begin moving again. I hold tightly on the bullet hole and wince at the pain. I sluggishly approach the hunter, and stop right in front of him. His eyes wide and his smirk gone. Blood drips from the wound and I reach for the gun. I grab ahold of the barrel and point it straight at my forehead. The hunter stares at me with wide eyes. He wasn't a hunter, he was a kid dressed up as a hunter hoping to 'cleanse' the world. He wasn't expecting to kill someone innocent. He lets go of the gun and runs away. I pull the gun down. I stuff the gun into my pocket, I then slump down and my vision begins to fade.
Slenda POV
The door slams open and Jess runs inside. She runs to the kitchen and begins yelling at me, "Mike has a bullet hole in him out in the forest and he's probably going to die if we don't do something!" I got really concerned. "Show me." Jess beckons me to follow and she runs out of the house. After a few minutes we reach a clearing in the forest. That's when I saw him. Mike was slumped against a tree holding a bullet wound preventing it from bleeding too much. Jess runs over to him and helps hold the blood inside of his body. Mike weakly smiles at her and looks up at me. I see life draining from his eyes. I quickly rush over to him and see Jess crying? I ignore her for a second and look back at Mike. "Show me the wound." They remove their hands and I hold my hand over his wound. My hand glows as I see him smiling at me. "Y-you really do have a calming voice." While my powers are considered amazing I can't make him new blood. So if he's lost too much he might die. I choke up on the thought and continue to heal him. Soon the bullet magically pops out and his wound heals. I feel around his neck trying to find a heart beat. Fortunately I found one, it was faint and almost non existent but it was there. He was alive. I pick him up and hold onto a crying Jess and 'warp' home.
I walk up to his room and gently lay him down. I watch him for a couple minutes and leave. But Jess stays there watching him. I chuckle lightly to myself and close the door.

Tessellate from the album 'An Awesome Wave' (2012) By: Alt-J