Chapter Five

[Ji Eun's pov]

"This is better than I've thought." His lips twitched into a smile. I didn't know why but I kind of felt relieved after hearing his words. Better than he thought? Did that mean I was acknowledged by him? Could I take it as a compliment?

"Though it need some slight changes. Give me a pen." I handed him a ball pen without questioning him anything.

He started dribbling the paper. This was the right time for me to observe his features properly. His features didn't really change much except that he had lost weight and looked more mature. I could say that he didn't have any plastic surgery.

He still had single eyelids and I thought that it was his charm. I always thought that people with single eyelids were precious because they were rare. Most people around me had double eyelids. Even those with single would go to the surgeon and turn them into double eyelids. I was glad that he didn't change that.

Though, there was something in his eyes that had changed a lot. The sadness. It was no longer there. He seemed happier right now. I could even see his smile. It was sweet like his name, Suga. Sugar. But then again, he was able to do what he want now. Of course he was happy. Even though we weren't considered as friends back then, I do hope the best for him.

My sight moved from his face to hair. He had dyed his hair like all idols. With that stylish hairstyle, he almost looked like a different person. Hairstyle was really important to everyone because it could change soemeone's appearance like plastic surgery do.

The way he wore his clothes was simple yet fashion. A black T-shirt and ripped jeans. He surely had those idol aura around him right now.

Min Yoon Gi was already a genius back then. How could he still be one after such a long time? The way he corrected my lyrics was so professional and serious. The confidence in him was overflowing too. He looked beyond perfect this way. I was fascinated by him for a moment.

"Here." He handed me the lyrics satisfyingly. It was them I realized that I had been looking at him for minutes. 

I took the lyrics and looked at them thoroughly. I was in awe. He had filled in the parts I was stuck just now. Even the phrase I couldn't think properly just now, he had amend them. It looked perfect now.

"Wow." I said with an unbelievable tone. 

"I think your work is not bad. You have talent but lack of practicing and personal experience."

"Thanks, guess I have to improve myself more." 

"Do you produce songs too?"

"I tried before but it turned out really bad." I laughed awkwardly.

"I see. Do you have interest in working for Bighit?" He took a sip of his coffee before asking me.

"Me? You kidding? I doubt that Bighit would even accept me." 

"I can recommend you to Bang PD since you are talented."

"Really?! Wait, no. It will be really weird if you help me."

"How weird?" He frowned.

"The whole company will look at me differently and I don't want that. If I really want to, I hope I can go in by myself, not relying on someone." Plus, our relationship wasn't even close for him to help me like that. I kept that to myself.

He smiled again which I thought was creepy since he was smiling way too much in a day. "Alright. But do consider to apply the job by yourself. I'm sure that Bighit doesn't waste talent."

"Yeah, I'll think about it."

He nodded and continue drinking his americano. My phone rang at this time.