Chapter: 34

Rohit's POV

I arrived at the coffee shop, witnessing Anjali and Mizu eagerly waiting for us. After they swiftly entered the car, we drove directly home. Our mothers were delighted to meet Mizu and Mannat, showering them with love and blessings. While Anjali and I went to freshen up, Mizu and Mannat waited on the terrace. I joined them quickly and engaged in casual conversation.

Suddenly, Mannat exclaimed, "Oh my god!"

I inquired, "What happened?"

Mannat, approaching Anjali, asked, "Is she Anjali?"

I affirmed, "Yes."

Mannat was astonished to see Anjali dressed in her usual attire, wearing a pink chiffon dress that fell three-fourths in length. Her untied hair flowed long, and she had a radiant glow, adorned with tiny white flowers on her dress.

Mannat remarked, "Am I dreaming? Our tomboy has turned into a fairy princess."

I burst into laughter. "You're not dreaming. She is like this."

Mannat questioned, "So what is the point of behaving like a tomboy in college when she is actually such a beautiful girl?"

Anjali explained, "There is a story behind it."

We discussed what had transpired in the past, including their time in Delhi, the accident, Anjali's tomboy persona, and Mirza working as a secret agent.

Mannat wondered, "Mirza, you knew everything? Why didn't you let me know about it?"

Mirza replied, "I am in Miraj's group, Mannat. I have to be safe. You understand, right?"

I inquired, "So what is the situation now?"

Mirza disclosed, "I had joined the group through one of my classmates on Valentine's Eve. I informed Anjali about it. Later, I got a chance to serve Miraj directly, and he was impressed with my tactics, especially considering I am the commissioner's son. Also, I enacted a fake fight with my dad. So, he believes he will be safe with me."

I commended, "Not bad. Now we have to collect evidence."

Mirza cautioned, "The job is ongoing, but everyone, be careful. I have to make them believe that I am not involved with all of you. A slight mistake, and the entire plan will go awry."

I agreed, "Yes, Mannat, please be tight-lipped about it."

Mannat assured, "Sure, but I want to say, when Rahul comes to know about Anjali's looks, he will go mad." She laughed.

I asked, "But how did you get to know that Rahul likes Anjali?"

Mannat responded, "It is obvious to know, dear. They always spend time together. I have seen something special in his eyes for Anjali, like Mirza has for me."

Anjali's face turned sour, and her eyes welled up with tears. I sensed that something was wrong.

I probed, "Hey, Anjali, what is it? Why are you so upset? I have been watching you for the past few days, and even Rahul looked sad. What is going on?"

Anjali said, "Nothing." She began to leave.

I caught hold of her hand, insisting, "You need to tell me." She started crying profusely. Mannat and Mirza approached us, asking, "What happened?"

Anjali revealed, "I have lost him, Bhai. I have lost him forever. We won't be able to live together, spend our lives with each other. I lost him. It is all me who have done this." She cried while sitting in the same spot.

I offered her some water and asked, "Tell me what happened?"

Anjali insisted, "Leave, Bhai. It is complicated. The situation will get worse. Our lives will change. There will be hatred everywhere in all our relationships. I don't want anything bad to happen further. This is more than my capacity to handle."

I felt sad, but I persisted, "Although I insisted her to say, 'Let whatever happens. You are my sister. I have never considered you as my cousin. I want to know. Let anything come into our lives. I promise that we will always be together to face that. It is my request. Won't you fulfill it? For your brother?'"

Mannat said, "Anjali, say dear. We all are there with you. What if we can help you out? What if everything gets solved?"

Anjali said, "What if it doesn't resolve?"

Mannat reassured, "Why are you thinking like that? Rahul is not a bad guy. We know him very well. He will understand whatever the problem is. He is not like those who don't understand a girl's point of view. You know, every girl in the college wishes to be his girlfriend. But he chose you above everyone. It means that he felt something special about you. Maybe because you are so different, not because of the looks, but because you think good and do good to others."

Mirza supported, "Yes, Anjali. Mannat is right. He is not like other guys. He will understand whatever the reason is. He always takes a stand on the right side. I have seen Rahul scolding Tanu when she slapped a girl who took her mobile. But actually, the girl was just checking the model of the phone. But Tanu overreacted. That girl cried. Rahul came to know, and he made her apologize to that girl. He always takes a stand on the right side, no matter whoever is in front of him. His family, friends, or anyone. You can trust him."

I added, "Mirza is right, dear. That day, even I was with him. Maybe Tanu is spontaneous about some things, but she really crossed the limits that day. But Rahul stood for that girl and personally apologized to her. I respect him for that. Just tell me what happened. We will find a solution."

Anjali said, "Okay."

Anjali closed her eyes for a minute, wiped her face, and started recounting what happened in the past few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey frnds.. I hope you liked the chapter.. 

Please do comment, vote and share..

Bye.. Tc..