Chapter: 49

Two months later

Anju's POV

Everything has changed—my life, my family. All sorts of depressions and sadness have come to an end. I've started liking my life, which seemed impossible to me.

I smiled looking at the cute baby in my hand, who is playing holding my finger in her tiny hands.

I played with her, "Hey, cutiee, Pihu. You look so cute today. Where are you going? You are going for your aunt's marriage... That is so nice. We both will enjoy, okay."

She giggled and played with my chain. She didn't understand anything, but still, she responded to all my comments.

It is true that a child completes a mother's life. Priya was really very lucky to have Pihu in her life.

We were going to Goa for the destination wedding of Rohit and Tanya. After a long time, our family was so happy. I could see everybody smiling, enjoying their journey.

The bride and groom were sitting at the end, hugging each other as if someone was going to separate them. I rolled my eyes on this. Later, I saw Rahul getting inside the bus. The bus was fully packed. All our family members had occupied the available seats.

My heart skipped and was beating rapidly. My cheeks felt the heat rising because there was only one available seat, and it was beside me. Rahul was searching for a seat, and he would soon sit beside me.

As expected, he sat beside me. I continued playing with Pihu, ignoring Rahul. He had no option other than to sit beside me. He smiled, and I smiled in return. I was looking after Pihu. Priya and Raj were in front seats, resting.

Our sides of the arms were grinding against each other. I felt like resting my head on his shoulders, and Rahul hugging me tightly, as if there was no tomorrow. I knew that it was just a dream, and the dream turning to reality is next to impossible.

Our bus had already departed.

Pihu was sleeping calmly, and I didn't want to disturb her. Rahul and I didn't speak, just ignored each other. But the movement of the bus was making our sides of the arms grind more. The friction was disturbing the baby from sleeping. I didn't know how to convey that to Rahul. But to my surprise, Rahul was trying to adjust. He had already realized my struggle.

We looked at each other, not knowing what to do.

Then Rohit was saying something to Tanu.

Rohit: "I will keep my arm on your shoulders so that you can rest your head on my shoulder and go to sleep."

Tanu: "That is a good idea. But don't take advantage of this. Everything after marriage."

I felt like laughing, but I controlled myself. Rahul noticed me. I blushed and looked outside the window, not revealing it to him.

Rohit said: "Cool."

He hugged her tightly.

Rahul called me: "Anjali."

I replied: "Yeah."

Rahul said: "If you don't mind, can I keep my arm behind your neck? I mean above your shoulders. I mean that friction of our arms might disturb Pihu, and she won't be able to sleep."

Rahul's POV

OMG, Anjali was making it hard for me to sit. The heat in me was rising rapidly. I didn't know how to speak to her, how to convince her that I love her madly. Her smile was making me crazy. But I hoped she agrees to give me a chance to hug her. I waited for her reply.

She nodded a yes. That's it. The world had stopped.

I placed my hand behind her shoulder. I pulled her near to me so that she stays in touch with me for the journey. Also, I can feel her touch after a long time.

She looked into my eyes. I kept looking at her for many unknown minutes. The proximity between us was melting me.

She rested her head on my shoulders and slowly drifted to sleep. And then I rested my head above her head, closing my eyes. That was the best moment I was living, which could not be explained. Slowly, I drifted to sleep as well.

Rohit's POV

Priya bhabhi called me to show something. I went. She gestured me towards the seat. I saw Rahul and Anjali sleeping, Rahul's arms above her shoulders, Anju sleeping on his shoulder, and he was sleeping as well. Both of them were carefully holding the baby. They looked like a perfect couple, to which we all smiled. Everyone hoped that they come together one day. But we knew that both of them were not ready for anything after the incidents that happened in their lives.

Bhabhi took Pihu carefully from their hands, not disturbing their sleep. Both of them looked tired due to my marriage. I felt bad, but it is even their responsibility to work for it. I chuckled in my mind. All of us went back to our seats, leaving the lovebirds alone.

Rahul's POV

I felt some movements. When I opened my eyes, I looked at Anjali worried.

I asked, "What happened?"

Anjali said with fear in her tone, "Pihu. I don't know who took her from me. I don't know where she is. I am worried."

Her eyes became wet.

I comforted her, "Don't worry. She might be here only. I will check."

I got up to check where Pihu was. All of our family members were sleeping. I checked all of them. I went to bhai and bhabhi's seats. I saw Pihu playing with bhabhi. I felt a sigh of relief.

I went back to my seat.

I said, "Don't worry. Pihu is with bhabhi."

Anjali said, "Okay. But I should have taken care. How did I sleep? I should have not slept." She started sobbing.

I hugged her. She hugged me back. I kissed her on her forehead. 

I said, "Don't worry. She is with her parents. You were tired, that is why you slept. Don't cry. Next time we will take care. Okay?"

She said, "But."

Her expression portrayed her worry as if she lost something precious. Unknowingly to stop her getting more worried I kissed her. I caught hold of her hand and continued kissing her passionately, not realising how the time flew by. I realised that she wanted it too, she wanted me too. This realisation made me ecstatic and happy. After sometime we pulled ourselves to catch our breaths.

Anjali tried saying something. But I hugged her instead and said, "Shshsh. Relax." and I rubbed her back, making her relax.

We stayed like that for some time before drifting to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi... frnds.. hope you liked the chapter..

Bye Tc..