Epilogue

Music: Farewell, Once Upon a Time (Series Finale Suite, Part 2 - Mark Isham) 

************************

Ray and Evangeline pass through the halls of the Enchanted Castle of Storybrooke, Maine. What had once been the Charming's home is now a center of commerce, delegation, and the occasional ball for all the realms brought together through Regina's spell. It has only been a few days, yet there has been much to do. Ray smirks as he tightens his hold on the stack of ballot boxes in his hands, nudging Evangeline who is intently focusing on not dropping her boxes.

Her hold slips slightly, making her heart race a bit faster as she feels one of the boxes in the middle of her stack slide just a bit. She manages to put it back in place.

"Ray..." She warns.

He grins, "What?"

"Don't do that..."

"What? This?" He steps towards her, but she is quick to evade him.

"Stop it Ray!" She laughs, "I don't want to count these all over again - and I'm sure you don't either."

He slowly stalks towards her as she chuckles, sprinting down the corridor. They race through into the throne room, suddenly seeing two people already waiting inside. She skids to a stop, with Ray sliding in just beside her gazing at the familiar man and woman.

"Are you here to vote?" Evangeline asks.

The woman turns quickly, "Evangeline?"

It is her mother and father. "Momma! Papa!" She shouts excitedly, setting the boxes on the ground to run over and hug them.

Her mother squeezes her tightly as she sobs with joy. She hasn't seen her daughter in almost three years since sending her away to save Henry's life. Her father smiles with tears in his eyes; although he had known deep down she would come back to them safely there had been moments of doubt. Wiping away her tears, he meets her gaze.

"I told you our story would continue." He smiles, her sniffling reminding him of when she would be frightened of thunderstorms as a small child. He sighs, reminiscing on how fast it has all been, "And I suppose you had some adventures of your own?"

She turns her head to look at Ray, extending her hand to him. "Yes, we did."

"Come here, Ray." Her mother grins.

He laughs, joining the hug as Robin pats his shoulder. "The whole family's here."

Evangeline frowns for a moment, "Not everyone." She sighs breaking away to collect the boxes from the ground.

"I didn't realize she was so close with Rumple..." Her mother says.

Ray watches as Evangeline moves the boxes to a table on the outskirts of the room, "We didn't lose just Rumplestiltskin... the woman she had lived with when we were cursed was like another mother to her and was lost as well."

Understanding falls through the parents' faces, sighing in unison as they realize how difficult it must be for her. "Is she someone we would know?" Robin asks quietly.

Ray nods, "Lady Tremaine."

The Evil Queen's eyes fill with fury, having heard the countless stories from Ella and Henry about how cruel the woman with that name is. Before she can speak, Zelena and the Charmings enter the room.