Chapter 2

Emile's P.O.V:

After finishing my assignments I went to Masae's room and knocked on the door.

*Knock Knock*

She opened it...but raised an eyebrow.

"Emile...you're 40 minutes early." Masae said.

"...Wait." I pulled out my phone...3:20 pm.

"Don't you have homework?" Masae asked.

"I did it already." I said.

Now that apparently caught her by surprise.

"So you're saying you did it in 20 minutes?" Masae asked.

"Yeah...?" I said unsure where she was going with this.

"...I have no words." Was all Masae said.

"So what do you need?" I asked as she stepped aside gesturing me inside.

Her dorm room looked really nice with numerous posters of the Tales games and a few Zelda posters strewn around everywhere.

"Alright, so I need help on Mario's history, I know the modern era...but I'm a little rusty on everything else." She said.

"Okay...so let's start from the very beginning." I said.

"The Donkey Kong days?" Masae asked as I shook my head.

"Further...the Game and Watch era." I said. 

She was lost the whole way through.

"So...Mario was in a war...then was discharged or something so he became a construction worker...though it was apparently his dad? So then Yoshi's island came around and Mario and Luigi were babies...then Mario Bros series came around, and Mario World, then the Modern Era?" Masae asked.

"...Yup pretty much." I said.

"...How do you know all this?" Masae asked in both amazement and shock.

"It's better you don't know, so anything else?" I asked.

Turns out she needed help...on everything.

"So wait...how did you get all of these numbers?" Masae asked.

"Well gold is measured at Troy Ounces...one troy ounce of gold is valued at about 1,318 dollars, then you multiply that by 350 which is the lowest amount of ounces it takes for gold to be counted as a bar, then divide that number by 100,000 since that's how much a gold bar is valued in the game, then multiply that number to the lowest amount Luigi can get which is 5,000 G and the highest amount he can get which is 142,390,000 G." I said.

Masae stayed silent.

"...Too fast?" I asked.

"...Too Much." She responded.

I couldn't help but start laughing.

"Shut up it's hard..." She said sounding helpless.

"It really isn't." I said while laughing.

"How did you do this in 20 minutes? The research I get but writing it down takes time." Masae asked.

"I'm a fast typer." I said.

"...I hate you." She said.

Eventually she finished, as I got up to leave , but Masae stops me.

"Hey want to do something? I think Tyler is finished with dance club." Masae suggested.

Tyler is weird and flamboyant...but he sounds like a fun guy to hang out with.

"Sure let's go." I said.