Chapter One

This is a new story! I hope you like it! Please help me decide if I should continue..I guess this is a trial run! Please comment and vote to let me know! Thanks!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter One

*Two Years Ago*

“Five, six, seven, eight.” Our teacher counted to the beat of the music, snapping her fingers. I went through the dance moves to the song, letting my mind go and letting my body move freely to the music.

This was no ordinary class. This was Miran Art Academy, the number one Arts Academy in the US and located in the capital city of North Carolina. It was tough to get into but it was a journey I didn’t regret especially when I was enrolled with my best friend, Jason.

He was my competitor but my best friend in the world. We did everything together from eating ice cream at Goodberry like normal teenagers to performing showcases on stage in front of hundreds of people but the showcase we were working on today was the most important.

“Ladies and gentlemen! You can’t do this if you don’t put your whole effort into it. All of you in here are each other’s competitors. Don’t let friendship stand in the way of reaching for this opportunity. MG Entertainment Company will be here during the showcase to pick one person to debut.” Ms. Kyler kept going on with her lectures.

“Hey, want to grab some ice cream afterwards?” Jason whispered, appearing next to me. His body heat was overpowering my own, making me even sweatier than I already was.

“You’re so hot, go away,” I hissed, stepping away from him.

“Glad to know you think that way of me,” he grinned. I rolled my eyes scoffing but I couldn’t hold in that smile. He was such a player sometimes. There were no girls in Miran Art Academy who didn’t like Jason at one point or another. I had to admit, I fell into that category but I didn’t want to ruin our friendship.

“Don’t we need to practice for the showcase?” I raised my eyebrow. Usually he was the one who insisted practicing while I pestered him about ice cream.

“That can wait. It’s tonight at seven. That gives us plenty of time,” he smiled. “Are you not ready?” he asked when he saw my unease.

“Aren’t you nervous?” I whispered.

“Naw, I got my lucky charm right here,” he smiled, showing me the bracelet I made for him a year ago. I took a professional class during the summer and made him a real bracelet and not those crappy kinds you make with beads and yarn.

“Jason Whitlock and Melanie Shaine if you like to continue talking during class, maybe you like to show us the steps to this song again,” Ms. Kyler said, walking towards us with her high heels. She was very young, around twenty and most guys had somewhat of a crush on her but she was strict and stern. Crossing her arms as she approached us, Jason took my hand and smiled.

“Of course, Ms. Kyler,” he flashed his best smile that had all the girls swooning at the Academy. Ms. Kyler didn’t seem amused but smirked at his behavior.

“Five, six, seven, eight.”

I felt the beat once again and tried dancing harder this time, putting my energy and focus into the song. Jason danced behind me and grabbed my waist with one hand and another extended upwards with my hand in his. He spun me around and the music ended with us in each other’s arms.

His face was only one inch away from my own and his breathe fell heavily on me. The whole class clapped politely but I knew all the girls were secretly jealous. Ms. Kyler only nodded her head and smiled, as she expected it from her best students.