Chapter Four

Woahhhh! You guys are amazing! This is #92 in Teen Fiction and it's only the fourth chapter! Goodness! Keep this up and I'll be working on this full time=faster uploads

AHHHHHHHH, I can't contain my excitment! Here's the next chapter. Please comment and vote so I know if I've satisfied you enough ;D thanks guys!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Four

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe the Jason Whitlock is actually sitting in my car!” Maddie squealed and I had to remind her that she would be the one responsible if Jason was in a car accident.

“Keep your eyes on the road and not the back seat,” I told Maddie for thousandth time.

“Okay, okay Mellie don’t worry. Jason Whitlock, why are you here so early? They announced that you would be back in Raleigh in two days or so,” Maddie asked, raising her perfectly waxed eyebrow. She tried to ask a normal question but I knew she was bubbling with other questions.

“I had to visit my girlfriend here,” Jason grinned, pulling me closer in the backseat. Girlfriend? Was he out of his mind?

“Mellie! You totally didn’t tell me that Jason Whitlock was your boyfriend!” she shouted, almost screaming with hurt crossing her eyes. “You told me that you only talked to him once in school but nothing else!”

I gave Jason a death glare but he grinned smugly. “We are not dating, Maddie. Don’t let him tell you lies,” I cleared it up, pushing him away from me.

“Well you two seem to know each other very well,” Derek noted in the front seat. He gave me a suspicious look and I shook my head. He seemed to smile a little and gave me an encouraging nod.

“Yes, we aren’t dating but we are best friends,” Jason replied back with a smile.

“The key word here is ‘were.’ We aren’t friends anymore,” I told my two friends. I didn’t want them to get mixed up with things that aren’t true. Maddie and Derek gave me a weird look.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jason asked. “You’re being so stubborn,” he argued and the front part of the seat grew dead silent.

“So are you but that hasn’t stopped you, has it?” I don't know what made me argue back but the feeling of betrayal still hurt me so deep. Two years was too long and no simple sorry was going to stop me.

“Of course not,” he grinned, slinging his arms around my shoulder when we used to play wrestling but I punched him in the stomach, making him flinch.

“Mellie! Don’t hit Jason Whitlock! You’ll probably get sued,” Maddie gasped and she swerved around a few cars, losing control of the wheel.

“I told you that you were a distraction for her,” I snapped, giving Jason a deadly glare.

“Because I’m so hot?” Jason smirked and Maddie giggled.

“Yes,” Maddie said and covered her mouth in surprise. “I so did not mean to say that out loud.”

“I was just kidding but thank you,” Jason smiled at her modestly and she blushed like crazy. I rolled my eyes but only Derek caught it through the mirror.

“Hey, we’re here,” Maddie said as she pulled up into my driveway.

“Thank you Maddie for the ride,” Jason smiled, giving her his signature grin before getting out of the car. Maddie gave out a short giggle again.