One Word Prompt - Escape/Trapped

Right, so this one is kind of dark. A bit morbid. Also not edited and the run on sentences are a bit intense. I did this one forever ago, and with some luck I'll go through and edit it at some point.

For some reason I had it in my head that paragraphs were one big sentence with no periods breaking them up beyond commas? I don't know. Odd thing is it was just for this one story, and at no point ever did I think this. Which is really fucking odd.

Anyways, case in point; the other ones are more manageable to read and are formatted correctly. But enjoy this shit for what it is.

Horrible example of my capabilities, honestly. But I'll shut up, because now I'm rambling.

Trigger warning for strong implication of death/death mention. Also description of wound and a mention of a car crash.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young girl awakened from a seemingly deep and peaceful slumber, however, in her eyes, it had been anything but peaceful, to her, it was as though her life was flickering before her eyes in a rather peculiar dream state.

The girl in question looked around cautiously and surveyed her surroundings, taking in the eerily bland room, which seemed very clinical, she found herself in, as a familiar fruity sent lingered in the air.

Glistening white walls, floor and ceiling, a small, circular table and two matching chairs of a de-saturated blueish grey, the light grey frame of the semi comfortable bed she was currently resting on and finally, the white fabric of the curtains and bed sheets.

The girl shifted into a sitting position then dragged herself to the edge of the bed before shakily standing up and stalking over to the table set, which had a piece of paper placed neatly next to a cup of tea with a matching saucer beneath it that she hadn't previously noticed.

Sitting down on one of the chairs, she noted the lovely matt finish, and then lifted the patterned teacup with shaky hands to her chapped lips and began absentmindedly sipping on it.

Strangely, the tea was highly sugary with a slightly fruity aftertaste, the reason, if you're wondering, that this was strange to the girl is that the tea seems to be to her preference, yet she's in an unrecognisable, annoyingly plain room.

Perhaps it wasn't the smartest idea to drink the tea that was mysteriously placed in the room she randomly woke up in.

Shoving the thought aside, she places the tea cup onto the saucer.

Glancing at the strange, text-filled, singular piece of paper, based on the format her initial thought was; "Perhaps it's a consent form of sorts" however, upon closer inspection, she realised it was an information sheet in the format of a peculiar consent form.

She skimmed over the seemingly unimportant paragraphs of text, her attention elsewhere, not completely acknowledging what was being stated, that is, of course, until the text stated her name; Monika Rogers.

Confused, and mildly scared about what the rest of the information could say, she neatly placed the paper back on the table and drank some more of the tea before deciding to live out her five year old self's dream of becoming an adventurer, and aimlessly wander about.

The only thing left in the room that she couldn't fully decipher by merely looking at it, was whatever was behind the barren, white, wooden door with a shiny silver door handle, that intrigued her, yet simultaneously made her want to speed walk back to the bed and hide.

She didn't, Monika tentatively stood in front of the door, which seemed to be taunting her deviously, nagging her, almost.

After speculating on what could be behind the mysterious door, and various scenarios in which something either good or bad happens to her, or simply nothing at all, Monika grasped the icy cold door handle, gently pulled down and slowly nudged the door open.