Marlon Brando

James and I had been hanging out for almost two weeks and I have to say, he's the most unaffected Hollywood actor I've ever met

James and I had been hanging out for almost two weeks and I have to say, he's the most unaffected Hollywood actor I've ever met. While that's a compliment, it's also not an accolade I'd go shouting from the rooftops, given that he's the only Hollywood actor I've ever met. 

The girls I was travelling with had all taken to him; each and every one of them flirted outrageously with him but he would politely brush off their passes and turn to kiss my temple or squeeze my knee or loop his arm around my shoulders so he could pull me closer to his side. James was proving himself to be the gentleman I had always hoped that I would meet. In fact, his polite nature reminded me of Mitch from A Streetcar Named Desire, not that he was the rogue that I fell for when I watched that film. No, Marlon Brando all the way on that one. But still, James was well-behaved with the capability of making me feel like I was the only girl in the world for him. 

"Hey, I was thinking," James said one evening while we were hanging out on the roof, getting to know each other more. "Maybe tomorrow, you could come and visit me on the set of the movie. We're filming one of the big scenes."

My eyes widened. "Are you serious?" Watching him nod, I dissolved into a mess of giggles, placing my hand to my mouth so that the noise wasn't too raucous. "Yes, I'd love to. Although I should warn you, I'll probably embarrass you by being so awed by everything. Who are your co-stars? Please don't say it's someone like Hugh Jackman or Jennifer Garner! I would legit die if I ever met them."

"You would die if you met Jennifer Garner?" James asked, clearly baffled by my choice of actress. If he was expecting me to say a name like Jennifer Lawrence, then he was sadly mistaken about the type of person I am. "What, are you an Alias fan or was it Elektra that has you fangirling over Jen Garner?"

"Please," I say, swatting my hand through the air. "We all know that it was Thirteen Going on Thirty that was her best work."

James stared at me briefly, wondering if I was being serious. When I cracked a smile and rolled my eyes, he let out a laugh that had me staring at him like he was the most perfect person I'd ever met. It was hard to say when I started to love all these little things about him- his laugh, the way he always licked his lips before speaking and the fact that just the simplest of touch made my skin tingle- but in the short time I've known him, he's had me falling, heart first, into lust or infatuation. 

Love, being such a strong word, isn't one I would use lightly so I avoided entertaining the idea that I could possibly be in that far over my head. However, if our relationship, for lack of a better word, continued as it was going, I could certainly see myself wanting to be with him as more than just an acquaintance he met once in South America. 

As night crept over us, I struggled to keep warm and contemplated going inside. I knew if I did that, though, James would take it as his cue to leave for the night and I wasn't ready to say goodbye to him quite yet. I suppose that's why, when he offered me a place next to him on his chair, I leapt at the chance. Literally, I leapt. Jumping from my chair, I took my blanket with me and quickly snuggled at his side, wrapping us both us to shield us from the cold. 

"Body heat is one of the best ways to keep warm," James commented. His chest rumbled as he laughed. "That wasn't a line, by the way. Just science."

I sighed dramatically. "That's a shame. I was hoping it was a line."

"Please, we both know that I'd be way smoother than that," he scoffed. I felt him shuffle at my side and looked up to see him staring down at me. "Nice shirt. Can I talk you out of it."

"Oh, no, that was bad."

James looked offended. "Bad? What? No! That was a great line. Ok, ok, ok, wait, here's another one. Ok, so... We're like cocoa and marshmallows. You're hot and I want to be on top of you." I shook my head. "Alright, last chance saloon for me. Do you like sailing? Because I'd ship you and me together."

"Better," I tell him earnestly. Smirking, I flutter my eyelashes and say, "I have a pickup line. If I bit my lip, would you kiss it better?"

Subconsciously (I'd like to think), I bit down on my lower lip nervously and waited for James to reply. When he reached his hand up to my face and brushed his thumb across my lips, my mouth opened and a shaky breath escaped me. With a darkened look in his eyes, James lowered his face, coming dangerously close to mine. I could practically taste the wine on his lips and then...

BAM!

I really could taste the wine on his lips. 

Who says pickup lines don't work?