Her Troubles

She couldn't stop crying, her heart ached so much; the pain from everything was destroying her. Ever since she was little, she would hide it all behind that smile of hers. She fights the "monsters" everyday, breaking down and crying once and a while; does anyone ever hear her when she cries? 

When she was little, she really couldn't seem to smile, the monster always took it away; her heart always seemed to ache, but she didn't want to worry anyone. As she grew older, it only worsened; everyday problems adding up and weighing her down. She was tired of it. Why couldn't it go away? When will she finally be able to smile again? She took rubberbands, snapping them on her wrist until they were bright red; it wasn't enough. Tears rolled down her face, the smile wasn't there anymore, she couldn't smile anymore. Then, her family adopted three orphans: Kido, Kano, and Seto; even more a reason for her not to tell anyone. She put on a mask while she was around thee three, but the cat-eyed boy still discovered what was behind her mask; for he has a mask, too. 

"Nee-chan, are you sad?" he asked, a concerned look on his face.

"W-why would you think that?? I'm obviously happy, see? I'm smiling..!" she faked a smile and looked at him.

"Nee-chan... I'm a liar, when your as good of a liar as me, it's easier to tell lies apart from the truth. You're lying, I know it.." he looked down, the corners of his mouth tilted downwards.

She was shocked that he could tell all that, but she still couldn't tell anyone; she was already lying to herself. Scars covered her arms, she had to hide them because she didn't want to worry anyone; but Kano already found out. 

Well... At least nobody else knows... hopefully no one else finds out... hopefully Shintaro doesn't find out...

Tears fell once more, but were quickly wiped away to cover how he felt. That smile hid it all. 

When she was walking to school with Shintaro, it was raining; she was the one holding the umbrella when her sleeve slipped a bit, then she quickly covered it up. He stared at her wrist, why would she cut herself? Once they arrived at school, the day continued like it normally did until lunch; they both went to the roof to eat together.

"Hey... Ayano... Is there something wrong?" he asked, staring at the endless blue of the sky.

"N-no..? W-why would you think that?" she stuttered, worrying if he found out.

"Well... Uh.. Never mind.." he ate his lunch and sat there.

She sighed and continued eating, "Okay.." she looked at him.

He obviously found out... what should I do..?