Aftermath (BoyfRiends)

It's been a couple of weeks since the squip incident at Jeremy's school play and one week since he wore out his recovery leave from school. The teen was a total mess, his clothes, clean or dirty, were strewn around his room, including over his computer and all over his desk. For someone who has barely left his room since the whole event, you'd think that he'd have gotten some decent sleep; but judging from the dark circles under his eyes, it's clear that he hasn't had such luck. The squimp still haunts his dreams, he sometimes hears his voice in the back of his head every moment that he isn't asleep.

Ever since the incident, Jeremy's anxiety has spiked, not that his dad has even noticed his sweaty palms or how often he flinches.

Michael has been in utter turmoil the past couple weeks since the squid incident. He hasn't seen Jeremy and even with everything that happened between them, he's still worried for the other boy. Michael decides to text his friend and ask if he can come over to hang out like they used to after debating if it's even a good idea considering he hasn't heard anything from Jeremy since he got out of the hospital, and that was two weeks ago.

Jeremy jumps at the sudden buzz that comes from his phone that's buried under his EMINEM shirt that was thrown haphazardly on his desk. He shudders at the memories that surface from the sight of the shirt and he tosses it across the room into another dirty pile that clutters his room floor. Picking up his phone, he reads the text from his friend.

Michael: Hey Jer, I was wondering if we could hang out tonight. Haven't gotten to see you in a while, figured we could try to finally finish level nine!

Jeremy reads the text and hesitantly typed a reply.

Jeremy: Sure, when did you want to head over?

Michael: I'm outside...

Jeremy trips over something on his floor as he quickly scrambles to get to the window. He pushes up some of the blinds and makes eye contact with the hoodie-clad teen. Michael waves awkwardly from below before texting a response.

Michael: I was walking home and stopped by just in case.

Jeremy looks to his phone as he opens the front door, his dad isn't home yet and if he were, Jeremy knows that he wouldn't mind Michael being over; though the thought of seeing his best friend after everything that happened makes him anxious for their reunion.

Michael is standing at the door and he smiles at his friend when the door opens in front of him, it's clear that he was really worried about him. "Hey buddy, how's it going? Haven't seen you in forever... you look like you haven't slept in days..."

Jeremy laughs slightly and bites his lip nervously before letting his friend in; he closes the door and rubs his eyes with his shirt sleeve. "H-how have you been..?" He asks Michael nervously as he tries to evade his friend's observations.

"Good, I mean mostly, school's been kind of hell since the whole thing with the swamp and, well, I've missed you man..." Michael's shoulders slump a bit before smiling up at Jeremy. "You still want to play Apocalypse of the Damned? We never finished that level..."

"I-uh... yeah, sure.." the taller teen responds, fiddling with a loose string on his long sleeved sweater that engulfs his thinner frame.

The two boys make their way up to Jeremy's room. Michael takes note of the unmade bed and the clothes that litter the room before pushing some clutter off of the bean bag chairs that sit in front of the TV. As Jeremy sets up the game, the squip's voice echoes in his brain. "You're pathetic," it hisses at him; Jeremy flinches at the voice and whispers "no," to himself softly before grabbing the controllers and sitting in his spot. They begin playing their game as Jeremy attempts to block out the voice in his head.

"I know you can hear me..." the voice calls to him again about halfway through level ten of their game. Jeremy clenches his eyes shut and grips his controller tightly. Michael looks over to the other boy with concern etching his facial features as he pauses the game. "You okay there man?" He asks worriedly.

"I-uh... um.. I'll be r-right back..." The taller teen excuses himself before getting up and slightly speeding to the bathroom, locking the door behind himself when he enters. The voice keeps echoing, 'the squig can't be coming back... they got rid of it...' he thinks as the voice returns with more insults. Jeremy scratches at his scarred arms a bit as he slides down the wall into a balled up sitting position. "No," Jeremy responds a bit louder this time, the word echoing slightly off the tiled walls.

It's a haze of everything overwhelming him before he realizes that he's have a hard time breathing; tears cascade down his cheeks and the knock on the door sounds desperate to get in. "Jeremy are you alright in there?" He calls through the door while trying the knob. "Jeremy let me in!"

He turns the lock and scoots back some away from the door as it flings open to show Michael. The slightly shorter teen kneels down next to Jeremy and wraps his arms around him to try and calm his nerves. "Hey bud, just take deep breaths..." he says as he rubs the other's upper arm through his sweater.

Jeremy eventually begins to calm enough that the only thing left of the broken teen is tears and sleep deprivation. He eventually falls asleep in Michael's arms as the two sit on the bathroom floor. Michael presses a small kiss on the sleeping boy's forehead before taking some time to take in his features better; the boy looks so broken. He only wished that he could've gotten there to fix him sooner...

~~~

Should I continue this or leave it as it is? Please give me your opinions!! Thank you for reading!!!