1: Fall of The Great One

A deafening roar shook the Heavens and Earth. Yediah, the first beast to be created, was being captured. A slayer prodded her with the handle of his broadsword made of dragon bone. Mother Nature watched as her first would be the last to die,  unable to interfere with the evil beings. Yediah's wings were bound by leather straps made from the hide of Amory, her second child. The dragons bred,  but the slayers would kill the babies before and after they hatched. Yediah's tail lashed underneath the large straps fervently trying to get free. Mother Nature hardened her heart to the slayers and looked away as Yediah continued to fight for freedom. It seemed as though there was no noise, no wind. Everything was silent, as if holding it's breath for the Falling of the Great One. Yediah was pulled by several slayers to a type of guillotine that had a muzzle large enough for a beast such as her. She continued to fight, refusing to accept her death. The slayers pulled and prodded her, desperately trying to end the last dragon and bring on a new age. The Age of Man. Unable to refuel the methane she needed for her fire, she blew out thick, black tendrils of smoke blocking the slayers' view.  The executioner pulled her large body onto the chopping block,  readying her for beheading. Silent tears dripped down Mother Nature's face as she looked away, knowing what was to come. A deafening silence filled the Earth, the sound of sliding metal the only noise. A pain filled roar spread across the land as the last dragon was killed. Her head thumped down the steps of the off kilter riser,  spraying blood across the snow. A sign of bloodshed across pure white snow, a symbol of bad luck. The wind howled, a storm blew in, all manner of creatures joined with nature to destroy the slayers for their sin. The slayers stood unwavering through everything, knowing that they will populate the planet now that they have ridded it of the flying lizards. Mother Nature was furious and made man to be sent down for them to breed with, their bloodlines diluted. When the slayer gene is watered down, all they will bare is the mark. If Mother Nature decided to create more of her children then it would be impossible for the slayers to rise again. As time passed from the Slayer Age, the Age of Man had come and stayed. They advanced so far as to build statues and have wars. Soon the world was infested with them and their technology. They seemed to have kept the intelligence as well as the mark through the crossbreeding. Her eyes overlooked the child born of a dragon, mistaking it as a slayer. As he bred with slayers, the genes became twisted, the souls of the dragons were reincarnated with the byproduct. The slayer genes were overcome by the soul of the dragon. Some died during transformation and others never turned. Father Time watched his creation in confusion, the gene never diluted. Every descendant carried the soul of a dragon, he could see it in their emotions. The Dawn of the Dragons had finally come once more.

-------------------------------------------------

So, hi you guys. What do you think of the first chapter?

~Loser~