Chapter 2

Why does he have to be such a clumsy idiot...with another gulp Raivis looked up to the man again, even being kind of scared of what his next words will be. This man seemed sort of really scary after all...not that he might end up killing the small Latvian! But Raivis shouldn't think these things, it is only making everything worse in the end because he might end up saying something wrong and who knows how this man will react then?

"You will have to pay the cleaning of my coat", this man then said and for a moment Raivis was shocked. Why was he shocked? Of course, it is his fault that the coat is wet with coffee right now so he should really pay the cleaning of that thing. But the coat itself is looking really old already but what does he know? This may be the newest trend in wherever this tall man is from.

"I...I d-don't have any m-money with me...", the Latvian mumbled, looking down with his feet. Yes, his feet are much more interesting than this creepy face this stranger has. He still felt the glares of the tall man on his head though, maybe he is trying to kill Raivis with his glares? The blonde Latvian hoped not. He is just 15 years old, he wants to become older than 15!

"Then you can help me with my work, da? I am here for business", the man responded and that made Raivis look up. The man was smiling but somehow it still felt a bit creepy. Well, at least a bit creepy. But maybe that is a better deal than paying the cleaning...since some cleaning services are really expensive these days so maybe working is better. Maybe Raivis just has to make some coffee or cook something while this man is doing his work? Raivis could be wrong after all, maybe this stranger is trying to be polite and even is actually nice and Raivis just thinks he is creepy? Probably, since the Latvian usually doesn't spend much time around people and maybe that's normal. Heck, what actually is normal?

"Y-Yes, sir! I...I'll h-help you with your w-work", but Raivis gulped and this man patted his head. He somehow shoved his head a bit down too and it hurt. A bit. And it made him tremble. Okay, maybe this man is actually going to kill him! He has a strong hand, it is making the Latvian's little head hurt.

"My name is Braginsky. Ivan Braginsky", the man said and then handed Raivis a card with info about him. His name, his company and his phone number. At least Raivis thought so, he is not able to read cyrillic...so this man is Russian for sure. Or maybe Ukrainian? Or even belarusian...but probably Russia, considering it's the biggest of these, of any actually, countries. Russia is a big country and this man is really, really tall...so it is fitting. At least somehow...right? At least little Raivis is thinking that.

"I am expecting you to show up daily at 6 PM at the apartment I am staying at for work"; and that were Mr. Braginsky's last words before he just left the café and Raivis gulped, watching him leave. Oh what did he gotten into again? Let's hope everything will be fine...and nothing troubling.

A few days passed since that incident and Raivis showed up everyday. And it practically was hell. He had to do all the housework, and the cooking and a lot of paperwork too! Raivis basically was a secretary and a housewife now. The last thing that's missing is that he would have to answer Mr. Braginsky's phone calls and he is a real secretary! But why is he even complaining...it was his own fault after all. It was Raivis who ran into him and spilled the coffee all over his coat, not the other way around.

But he learned a lot about the Russian man these past few days already. For example that he is, in fact, Russian like Raivis thought. But Mr. Braginsky has two half sisters as well, an older and a younger one. Irunya and Natalya if he remembers correctly...and Irunya has an Ukrainian father while Mr. Braginsky's father was Russian and Natalya's father was belarusian. Certainly interesting. And Mr. Braginsky is sending the both of them a lot of money too, apparently. They didn't really talk much about that after all. He likes to eat borscht, so Raivis had to learn how to make it because Mr. Braginsky was requesting it over and over again and didn't really seem happy to eat Latvian cuisine anymore.

Yesterday was a really bad evening though. Mr. Braginsky got mad...really mad and Raivis learned that he does not want to be around him when he is mad. His presence felt so creepy again...and Raivis even has some bruises because of it. He had hit him, which was certainly not right. And it made Raivis cry as well. But what if he does it again if the small Latvian calls him out for that? What if it would be even worse then? The little blonde was scared of that so he should just do his work without making Mr. Braginsky mad. Some people might say he should stop working, it was just a dumb coat after all and cleaning that thing up can't be that expensive. And that is true, it only was a dumb oat after all. But he might get mad again. He said that he liked having Raivis around because he doesn't have to do the housework himself and that Raivis' reactions are funny if Mr. Braginsky 'teases' him a bit.

Right now Raivis was sitting on his sofa, typing what he told him to type on his laptop while he is taking a shower. The Latvian was so tired, he had been up all night doing his homework he couldn't do in the evening because of this 'job'. It was more enslavement, since Raivis is not getting paid but that was his own fault. It was Raivis' decision to agree to this. Not Tolys' and not Eduard's. It was all his own decision so now he has to face the consequences. But his eyelids are so heavy...and he is so tired. The blonde yawned loudly and then closed his eyes. A small nap won't hurt him...if he wakes up before Mr. Braginsky is done showering, that is. So Raivis lay down on the sofa and soon fell asleep.

As he woke up it was morning. Slowly the still sleepy Latvian sat up and yawned loudly. He doesn't want to get up yet, the bed is so warm and comfy and it is Saturday! Wait...Raivis can't remember going home! And this is not his own bed. He is still wearing the clothes he was wearing yesterday though. And the other side of this double-sized bed was empty and didn't look like anybody was sleeping in there. So he stayed here the whole night...his parents are on their late honeymoon at the moment so they probably aren't worried sick, but why is he laying in Mr. Braginsky's bed? Raivis got up then, fast. And he left the bedroom.

Something was smelling nice. Incredibly nice. And it came from the little kitchen this apartment has so Raivis walked there, only to find Mr. Braginsky making breakfast.

"Доброе утро, little Raivis", he said and then even looked at Raivis to smile at him, before looking back at the pan. He was cooking some eggs and bacon.

"If I would have known you get exhausted so easily, I would have cooked the meals for us myself so that you could do the paperwork"; he said and Raivis was a bit confused, until he actually understood. He fell asleep on the couch, Mr. Braginsky saw that and carried him to bed, finished the paperwork himself and then either slept on the other side of the bed or the sofa. Probably the sofa though, considering how neat the other side of the bed was looking like.

"I slept on the sofa but I didn't really mind! Your sleeping face was so cute", he said and at first Raivis nodded but then actually began to blush. Cute...he is a man! Men aren't cute...well, he is not exactly a man yet but he is going to be one someday soon! At least if he grows taller than this. But where did this compliment come from in the first place? That was something Raivis didn't really understand.

"P-Paldies, Mr. B-Braginsky..."; he mumbled and looked down to his feet. Yes, his feet. They are far more interesting anyways. Who needs to see somebody's face if you can see your own, beautiful feet instead?

"Mr. Braginsky...just call me Ivan"