Part 10 - Teldrassil and its Creation

PART 10

--

The ground swayed beneath Rosarie as she awoke. Her head pounded and her body ached. She opened her eyes, groaning. She was met by the sight of a pale rose sky, dotted with stars. Masts and ropes stretched into the night. Suddenly, a violet face popped up right over Rosie, her silver eyes concerned.

 “You’re awake; good,” The night elf muttered, flicking an ear. She stood back up, tossing her long blue braid over her shoulder. “Alyshani, can you check her over? I don’t think she has sea sickness.”

 The girl froze, confused. Seasickness? What does that have to do with anything? They’re not even on the—and then it struck her. Rosie bolted upright, grabbing the Sentinel’s leg and digging her nails into her leather boot. “Where the hell are we?!” She growled.

 The elf’s brows furrowed and in one nimble move, she’d twisted her foot out of the girl’s grip and was now out of reach, her glaive at the ready. “We are approaching Rut’theran Village, miss.” She calmly replied, although her posture was tense.

 “Where is that?”

 “Teldrassil. It’s Alliance territory. Night elven, to be precise. We are transporting your people to the safety of our capital, where further measures will be taken.” The Sentinel said, hesitant. “We will try and persuade Varian Wrynn to bring you back into the Alliance.”

 Drawing back, Rosarie crossed her legs and scowled. Just then, another night elf, a Priestess, came over to her and began inspecting her bandages. She placed her hands over the worst of the wounds and bruises and murmured strange prayers. The girl watched in awe as silver light filtered through the dirty cloth of her bandages, filling her with warmth and peace, as well as easing the pain.

“Does it feel better?” Alyshani asked, tilting her head.

 Rosarie nodded gratefully, staggering to her feet. She walked over to the railing, peering over and into the endless waters. The reflection of the moon created a wavering silver road, fading away into the misty distance. The indigo water mirrored the starry sky, giving an illusion of them skimming over the universe. Her eyes widened at the magnificent sight. The sea breeze was fresh and strong, caressing her bruised, cut-up, soot-stained face, replenishing her spirit.

 “Beautiful, is it not?” A familiar voice said softly from behind her.

 Vassandra Stormclaw came up beside her, placing a gentle hand on the wooden railing. She was smiling, her head tilted back in admiration. “Look over there; see the large shadow looming ahead, sort of resembling a tower?” She asked, pointing into the distance, to their right.

 The girl’s gaze followed the Druid’s direction, stopping to take in the said silhouette. It reached into the sky. Terraces—no, branches swept from its sides, crowned with violet and emerald leaves. It was a colossal tree. Her mouth hung open.

 The night elf chuckled, not unkindly, at her expression, nodding. “That is Teldrassil, the night elven home. Teldrassil means ‘Crown of the Earth’ in our language. It is the second World Tree, next to Nordrassil.” She explained, gesturing into the air. “Nordrassil was blessed by the Dragon Aspects, granting it protection from almost anything. But, when the Burning Legion attacked Mount Hyjal, Kil’jaeden had attacked and nearly destroyed it. Teldrassil was birthed shortly after in an attempt to recreate the World Tree.”

 “Kil’jaeden? Who is that?” Rosarie asked, curiously. She was entranced by these tales, like a child. She had sat down on a cargo box, looking up at the night elven woman.

Settling down on the box beside Rosie’s, Vassandra crossed her legs, preparing to tell the story. “Kil’jaeden is one of the lords of the Burning Legion, the Legion of countless demons, headed by the fallen titan Sargeras. He was once one of the three Eredar leaders, next to Prophet Velen and Archimonde.” She said, her gaze darkening.