~ Twenty ~

I'm so so so so so so sorry I've been gone so long. My boyfriend moved away a little while ago and only just arrived to his new home, and I just finished up my exams. I haven't been myself recently and I couldn't bring myself to write and publish something, but now I think I'm okay enough. Thank you for reading. ^-^

___

You snatch the paper from Yoongi's grasp, looking it over carefully.

Afarin Waters.

Afarin Waters.

"Ow." Yoongi grumbles, rubbing his hand. "What's the deal?"
"I just... I..." you stumble over your words, not able to find a way to talk yourself through this.
"Y/n?" Yoongi walks around the table, standing in front of you. He reaches to place his hand by your head. "Is everything okay?"
You jolt backwards, dropping the paper.
"Everything's fine." You say. Yoongi stares at you a moment. He looks... hurt. You turn your gaze to the ground.
"I just need to go." You say, your voice cracking. Yoongi doesn't seem to take notice as he shoves his hands in his pockets.
"Fine." He says, looking away. "I'll see you later."

Your eyes fill up with tears. He seems mad, maybe disappointed... you just can't read him. You grab the paper and head to the door quietly, and when you look back, Yoongi isn't there.

•~•~•

"Oi, Y/n, it's me!" Jungkook voice comes from outside your door. He knocks.
"Y/n! Y/n!"
"The doors open." You say.
"What!?"
"The doors open!!" You tell. Sheesh, is he deaf?
"The what?"
"OPEN THE DOOR!"
"I CANT! ITS LOCKED!"
"NO, ITS NOT!"
"YES IT-" With a click, the door opens.
"Oh." Jungkook mumbles. He steps inside.

There isn't a single light on in your apartment, besides the glaring TV in front of you. You've been watching F•R•I•E•N•D•S for hours, and lost track of time. You only noticed when you seen Jungkook, clean and polished and in a clean white hoodie, standing in your doorway that you probably should have acted like no one was home. You yourself are in a plain white tank top that probably isn't clean, and grey shorts that you don't even rember buying. Your hair tossed up in a messy bun that doesn't look like a bun at all, while you lay under a small blanket and eat ice cream out of a tub.

"Everything.... okay?" Jungkook asks, shuffling from foot to foot.
"Does everything look okay?" You grumble.
"Did... did you and Yoongi break up or something?"
"No... I mean, not that I'm aware of." You look up at him, sort of worried.
"Did he say we were breaking up?!"
"N-No, no! I just... never mind." He shuffles from one foot to the other, looking around the room.
"You can relax." You grumble. You don't mean to grumble — it's just you're in such an awful mood that it comes naturally.

Jungkook puffs out his cheeks and walks closer to you, then awkwardly sits on the couch next to you.
"You're gonna hurt your eyes that way."
"I don't care about myself."
"Ah... oh."
Jungkook flicks on the light next to him anyway, which gives off more light than you remember.
"Oww." You grumble, covering your eyes.
"S-Sorry, Sorry!" Jungkook apologizes. He still doesn't turn off the light.

"I'm... I'm just here to help." Jungkook says softly. He awkwardly places his hand on your back, then pulls it away.
"It would help if you knew how to." You tease. Jungkook winces.
"I'm sorry. I'm shy." He says with a pout.
"Shy?" You question. How can such a cute little squishball be shy around a girl who's spent hours just sitting on her couch eating out of a tub of half melted bubblegum ice cream??

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Yoongi hasn't come out of his room, either. We can't make him eat." Jungkook says. You wanna grab his cheeks. You really wanna grab his cheeks.
"Is he mad?" You ask.
"At himself. He doesn't know what he did wrong, but he knows it was something."
"It wasn't him," you say, shaking your head. "I panicked because my new boss isn't someone I like very much."
"Oh." Jungkook says. "I'll tell him that."
"Shy?" You repeat. Jungkook looks at you.
"Why are you shy?"

Jungkook shuffles on your couch and licks his lips.
"Because you make me feel fuzzy."
"Fuzzy?"
"Like, on the inside."
He sighs and leans forward, his leg bouncing anxiously.
"I... I still like you..." he admits.
"Oh." You say softly. This is awkward.
"It's not easy to get over someone like you."
"Someone who sits at home crying watching sitcoms and anime while eating ice cream??" You question. Jungkook chuckles.
"No. Someone who's real. Someone who's not afraid to cry. Someone who doesn't have something they have to live up to." He says softly.

"I don't know why, but... that day on the bus stop... a part of me really thought you would choose me. A part of me thought you would run up to me and hug me and we'd begin our story. But I guess... I guess it was just wishful thinking." He says. He sniffles, and wipes his nose on his sleeve.
"I'm sorry." You say softly.
"Yeah," He says, staring at the TV. "I am too."

•~•~•

"Knock, knock!" Two knocks sound on the door.
"Knock, knock!" Another two knocks.
"Knock-"
"Don't you dare."
"Wha-what's this?! Motionless Min is awake!"
"Hoseok, just get in here."

The door opens. Yoongi is laying on his bed, tiredly, his face smushed into his pillow.
"It's me! Your hope, your sunshine, your-"
"-annoying best friend who doesn't know when it's time to act serious for once in his damn life." Yoongi finishes. Hoseok grins and flicks on the light.
"Tada!" He says with jazz hands. Yoongi throws a pillow at him.

"What's up butter cup?" Hoseok asks, sitting on the edge of Yoongi's bed.
"Leave."
"I'm tryna-"
"Make me laugh and then tease me for laughing, I know." Yoongi grumbles.
"I just wanna make you happy." Hoseok sighs.
"I!... I know. I know you do."
"So, what's up?"
"Taxes."
"No, I mean-"
"Suicide rates."
"I'm talking about-"
"Giraffes."
"What is up when it comes to you?" Hoseok asks. "How are you feeling?"
"Sadness."
"Why?"

Yoongi rolls over and throws his arm over his face.
"I just suck at this love stuff."
"No you don't."
"I do. I get all... all..."
"Confubbled?"
"I... uh, yeah. Sure. That."

Hoseok shuffles closer to Yoongi, starting to play with his hair.
"Just be yourself around her. Love doesn't consist of anything fancy — not if it's true love. You'll know what to do when the times right. You overthink too much, you read too much and watch too many romantic movies. Love doesn't just consist of this fairytale stuff, the best times are the ones that aren't planned and come naturally. So, be yourself around her, don't plan too much, and just let it go the way it wants to. Life and love are like a rollercoaster; you can pick where you sit, just not where the ride takes you. Okay?"
"...stop touching my hair."

Suga Cube

Hey.
Look, I'm sorry.

It's fine.
It's my fault.
Life's just awful. And unfair.

But if it's unfair to everyone, doesn't that make it fair?

???

Never mind.
Can I take you somewhere?

Where?

I don't know.
Somewhere.

Uh... why??

I dunno.
Let's just go for drive.
And wherever we go, we go.

Why??

Because it will make Hoseok stop playing with my hair.

___
Okay, just a quick end note: I know this is really short and I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling well and I wanted to at the least get down something for you all. If there's any mistakes I'm sorry, I read it over but I'm tired at the moment and may have missed some things. Thank you all for being so patient.

I've been stuck a few times trying to write this, so I was wondering what you all would think of me publishing another story on the side? I have eight or nine drafts in the works so I was thinking I could publish one of them and when I ran out of ideas for one I'd update the other?? Or update both?? What would you all think of that?? Please let me know. ^-^