Chapter 9: the bet

Gene's POV
Once we chose a place to vs we got into our places, "how about we make a bet?" Laurence suggested "Whats your bet?" I asked getting into my stance "Who ever loses will have to do something embarrassing in front of (y/n)" Laurence offered as he got into his stance. "Deal" I chirpd as Laurance served the ball as I hit it with my hand causing it to bounce back to laurence, "Until how many points?" I asked as I slammed the ball back with hand, "How about until 5?" Laurence suggested. "Fine" I chirped as I spiked the ball causing it to fly into Laurence's side, "Dang it!!" Laurence yelled as he picked up the ball as he served it once more, one point...keep that in your head. I thought to myself as I hit the ball once more and he hit it back to me but, I missed "Ugh cmon!" I yelled in my mind wait...I should lose. I thought to myself as I purposely lost over and over again until Laurence got all the points. "Hahaha!! You'll have to do something embarrassing in front of (y/n)!" Laurence cheered as he celebrated in his victory. "Oh wel guess I lose" I shrugged as I smirked because I had something up my sleeves....but, it'll be so embarrassing..

~time skip to dissmissal brought to you by crappy write skills~

Gene's POV
I cant believe I'm about to do this..
I thought to myself as I twisted the rose in my fingers, "Ooooh who is that for Gene~" I heard Sasha tease, "Shut it" I said coldly as I stomped over to (y/n). "Hey shorty" I called out to her as she tensed her body up as she sighed in annoyance "What is it Gene?" (y/n) asked while having an expression which said she wasn't interested in what I was about to say, "Listen, me and laurence had a bet and I have to do this to you.." I explained rolling my eyes as I leaned down and offered the rose to her, "Wh-what are you doing?" (y/n) asked. I looked up at her, "isnt it obvious?" I asked in a voice that you could just tell from the tone, that I didnt want to do this. "U-uh er..thank you?" (y/n) thanked in a questioning tone as she grabbed the rose from my hand gently as her fingers brushed over mine which caused my face to be stained with a light pink, "Y-Y-You're welcome, princess" I responded as I kissed her on the cheek as I quickly pulled away, "OK BYE I GOTTA GO NOW I HAVE TO GO UH...FEED MY CAT!!!" I said in a rushing tone as I ran away as I felt a hand grab hold of my blazer, "what...was..THAT?!! We betted the loser would do something embarrassing not romantic!!" A voice yelled at me which caused me to turn to the mouth the voice was coming out of, and I was greeted by sky blue eyes. Of course it would be laurence, "what? That was embarrassing! Well for me, you never said what type of embarrassing thing it would have to be" I responded to his yell as I grabbed his wrist and flung it off me as I stomped away and ran back home wanting to avoid (y/n).

(y/n)'s POV
Once Gene ran off I lightly dragged my fingers over the spot he kissed me...wait...he said him and Laurence had a bet...so..does he mean..that...he didnt mean to do this to me? Does this mean...all this..was because he was forced to do so..? I asked myself in my mind as I started to walk back home as I played with the rose all the way back home. I used my keys to open the door, once I was inside I locked the door , as I saw a knot on the fridge being hanged by a fridge magnet, "wont be home for one week! There is enough meals and snacks that we bought for one week, just heat them up" The note read as I celebrated mentally, "No parents which means no rules!!" I said happily in my mind as I went upstairs and flopped on my bed. As I started drifting off in my own thoughts, "Did he...ugh...did he really do it just because of the bet? Wait..why would laurence bet him that? Didnt laurence like me? Was that also a lie! Were they just playing wit me?!" I asked as I started talking to myself as my heart started to ache, "Why am I feeling this...sort of...hurtful feeling? I never liked them!! Never ever in my life!" I began to shake my head in every word that came out my mouth. "Ugh...Why is life so frustrating!!" I yelled in my room as I placed my hands over my face, a light sigh escaped my mouth as I flipped my body to my right side, "But...what if Gene had a choice? What if...he chose to do that to me?" I started to convince myself that Gene really did like me, "wait..why am I getting so worked up about this?! I dont even like Gene..." I said to my self as I sat up. "I should do all my homework now, after all...I have a pile of homework in my bag.." I told my self; I began to walk down stairs to where I left my bag.

A/N HOLY JESUS I FINALLY PUBLISHED THIS!! I uh...kept procrastinating on this chapter so yeah...I was focusing on my other account...even though I would probably never publish any of the books on that account...but, yeah anyways! Im really sorry for keeping all of you waiting for so long! My writing skills have evolved a bit from my old writing style but I tried to imitate my old writing style back then which was uhh hard? I dunno but, anyways I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter!