good god

The morning following Castiel's breaking the news of the newest Winchester to Dean brings utter chaos. Cas wakes with a gasp at a clattering noise down in the library, and is pulled from his euphoria induced dream state. Without warning, pale crimson floods into the room, and Dean wakes seeing red...literally.

He makes an inarticulate grunting noise and slaps his hand around until he feels Cas' warm body against his. He made a guess as to where his abdomen is and gently pats the space, shushing as he buries his face into the pillow.

He has adapted subconsciously to Cas' being with child very quickly, as this is in a drowsy moment that he snakes his arms around Cas and holds him close.

"Love you guys," he mumbles, rubbing his nose against his boyfriend's (or what used to be his) Led Zeppelin shirt and snuggling his head into the crook of his neck.

Suddenly Castiel feels a burning sensation within his gut, and he whispers into the cool bunker air. "Dean."

As if Dean is a watch dog, he sits upright and shoves Cas behind him as he gets into his defensive position. He laughs and pats Dean's shoulder, which allows his muscles to loosen. He greets Cas with a morning kiss, to which he responds by hurdling over heaps of clothing to get to the bathroom.

He empties the contents of his usually-empty stomach into the toilet bowl and stands shakily afterward, reaching to flush and to grab a washcloth to dab at his mouth. When he turns around, he's met with Dean, who takes him into a strong yet soft embrace and rubs circles into his back.

"I didn't think my morning breath was that bad," he chuckles into Cas' silky smooth hair. It smells of chocolates, which makes him wonder what his angel gets up to in the bunker by himself.

"It's nothing new. It's the lack of strength in my grace making me nauseous," Cas replies with a shrug, still slightly heaving.

Dean lets go of Cas and points down at his midsection with a mock stern face. "Kid, I love you, but settle down. That's an order."

In an instant, Cas' nausea faded and his senses return to normal. "Huh. I guess they listen to you and not me."

"What can I say, guys and girls can't resist this!" He chants as he walks into the bedroom to put on a shirt, earning a slight grin from Cas who snaps his fingers and is changed into his daily clothes.

"Wh—I thought your pants didn't fit? And that your angel mojo was so low you couldn't fly?" Dean inquires with a raised eyebrow.

"Gabriel bought me a new pair. I prayed to him last night after you went to sleep. And, my grace is low, but heaven's obstetrician instructed me to continue using my powers as usual, except for flying." He mutters after grabbing a chocolate bar from a crevice under Dean's mattress.

"Wait, Gabe knows?! And so does heaven?!" Dean shrieks instinctively, fearing for his lover's and his son or daughter's safety.

Cas nods, then shakes his head. "Gabriel told me I was with child two weeks ago. And, Alachiel is fallen; he works from a discreet place in Seattle. We're fine, don't worry."

"Oh," Dean sighs in relief and places his hand over Cas' bump, "that's good. So, when will we get to meet this little trouble maker?"

"In about...I think Alachiel said two or three months," he states calmly, whereas Dean goes apeshit per usual.

His face goes pale and he clasps his hands over his cheeks. "Cas, two or three months?! How have you been pregnant for that long?! How're we gonna get everything in time? Holy shit, I gotta prepare. We gotta go to...shit what's that baby store...Babies 'R Us? Yeah, that. I'm building the crib today, a-and you—try not to tell Sammy. Holy crap. I'm nesting, Cas. I'm nesting."

"Dean, calm down!" Cas exclaims, snaking an arm around his stomach. Suddenly, the room fills with a hue of yellow. He puts a hand on Dean's shoulder and feels him relax. "I've only been with child for a month. The angelic gestation period is half of that of a human. We will be fine. And, why don't you want to tell Sam?"

"B-because, he doesn't even know I like dudes, let alone an angel of the freakin' lord. Plus, how would he react if I told him 'hey, Cas and I are dating and we have a baby on the way, do you want some pie?' Probably badly. I just wanna keep you two safe, honeybee." He struggles to keep his strong and stoic composure, and looses it when Cas wraps him in a hug. His tears matte Cas' frizzy locks, and he sighs. "Please don't tell him yet, okay?"

"I promise I will not tell Sam anything until you're ready. But, please make it before I actually have the baby. That would be awkward," Cas wipes his boyfriend's tears from his cheeks with the pad of his thumb. "Now, do you want some bacon?"

"Hell yes," he smiles weakly before leaning in to kiss Cas' lips.

.,.

As soon as they walk into the bunker's main room, they are met with what woke Cas up originally. A vase and a lamp lay shattered on the floor, and Gabriel stands sheepishly in the center of the chaos. Only Cas can see this, but his slightly glistening golden wings stretch above the wreckage, indicating that his massive wingspan is the culprit.

"Brother, control your wings," he laughs as he walks towards him.

"I tried, and thank Dad Giganto over there is a heavy sleeper," he nudges Sam, who lays comatose on the couch snoring slightly. The moose takes up an entire sofa, and still his feet rest on the end table. "Now, c'mere and gimme a hug, little bro!"

Cas doesn't have time to react before he is being wrapped in a hug and lifted off the floor by his elder brother. He pats his wing, the only way to get Gabriel to focus, and exhales when he put him down.

Gabe looks up and his hazel eyes meet green emerald ones as he locks eyes with Dean. His eyes flash a piercing turquoise for a split second and he smiles. "Hiya, Dean-o!"

"Nice to see you," he fakes a smile and places his hand on Cas' shoulder. He loves Gabriel like a brother, but his quirks are sometimes unbearable.

"So, Cassy, how's, um, the cactus?" He coughs coyly and Cas sniggers at the code name they used for Baby Winchester in the past few weeks. 'Cactus' seemed ridiculous at first, but he is infatuated with Creation still, so it doesn't matter.

"Gabriel," he smiles, placing his hand over Dean's, which rests on his shoulder, "Dean knows."

"Oh!" Gabe chuckles. "And he's not in Argentina, so that's good! How'd you take the baby daddy news, bow legs?"

"I was surprised to say the least, but I'm really freakin' happy. I mean, I get to have a family," he grins like an absolute idiot.

"Cool beans, bro," the archangel pats his shoulder. "So, how's my little celestial niece or nephew?"

"Getting stronger by the day," Cas motions downward at his slightly bulging abdomen. "They seem to listen to Dean more than me."

"Well, then Dean's gonna spoil this kid into yesterday, huh?" He kneels down, placing a hand over his brother's midsection.

Gabriel's hand tingles with the typical amount of grace you'd expect from a nephilim, but he is soon met with a surge of power so great, it nearly forces him backward and hurdling into Samsquatch. He shakes his head and sees the soul of the child within Castiel, which allows him to come to a conclusion.

"Figures." He stands up with a bounce and plucks the lollipop from between his lips. "Only you two chuckleheads could make a baby with that much power. Never seen anything like it."

Dean stares in awe at Castiel and can only manage one word.

"Awesome."