Chapter 5

I come out of my room with some clean clothes. It was near bed time. Mr. Kio had already left. But I still couldn't stop thinking of what he said. He knew my parents...he knows what my mother was like, but what about my father? He didn't say much about him, he could be alive and looking for me or dead, like mom.

I make it to the bathroom, and I shut the door behind me. I lay my clothes down on a rack near the shower. I turn to the shower and I turn on warm water. As I start to take my clothes off I think to myself. Could that woman I saw that was crying blood be my mother...is that how she died? I'm still so lost. I get in the shower and I put my face in the warm water. It has been the most relaxing moment since this all started. I just need to calm down.

I put coconut-smelling shampoo in my hair. I massage it on my head then rinses it out.

'You're alright, Sweetheart. Everything will be fine.' I hear a woman whisper in my ear. That same voice from before. I open my eyes. The water is turned to blood. I scream. Why was this happening?

The bathroom door slams open, "Ace!" Arron opens the curtain, and gets in the tub pulling me in a tight embrace. I'm so scared, so much that I am trembling, and I'm sure Arron can feel it as well.

"It's everywhere...Blood everywhere." I cry.

"Ace, look, there is no blood." Arron put his hand under the running water. It wasn't blood anymore.

"I can't do this...Why is this happening to me, Arron?" tears stream down my face.

Arron pulls me down, and we sit in the tub. He puts his hand on the back of my head and lays my head on his chest. "It's okay, I got you. We will get through this together."

His words soothe me. I begin to calm down as I feel the warmth coming from Arron's body. I cling on Arron for a while. Both of us are soaked. I am sure Arron would get up and leave, but he doesn't budge, he just holds me.

"Arron...Can I ask you something?"

"Yea. What is it?"

"Why did you agree to protect me that first day we met?"

There is a pause. I hear Arron chuckle, "That first day we met you were so kind, so...gentle. You actually reminded of my mother. I guess, I just didn't want to lose you, so I made it my first priority to make sure you were safe."

I am in complete shock, but I try not to show it. "Really...?"

"Yea, you mean the world to me Ace."

I don't know what else to say. I always admire what he says, like his brutal 'speeches' if that's what that's called. But his words aren't brutal, not right now they aren't. I can feel my heart pound. And the longer I lay on his chest, the more I can feel his heart beating fast...maybe even faster than mine.

I smile, "You mean the world to me too, Arron..." I look up at him. His cheeks were so red. I never seen him blush before. It's so cute!

Arron lends up. He grabs a towel that was on the rack with my clothes. "Here, you need this." He turns off the shower than wraps the towel around me. He lends me up, and looks away from me. I smile. Every guy I met, Besides Shiro and Takeshi, of course, would take every...any chance to see me with no clothes on, but Arron is different than any of the other guys. Maybe that's why I like him so much.

"You should get dressed. I'll leave. I really don't want Shiro get the wrong idea..." Arron stands up. He is soaked.

"Okay..."