HOW IT WORKS

Hello, Talented ARMY!

Here, we are going to discuss how this Awards Ceremony would work. Feel free to in-line questions if you have any.

[ T H E   B A T T L E   R O U N D S]

There would be two rounds that will occur throughout the process. First, the Elimination round and second, the Final round-- that will be discussed later in this chapter.

Each category would cater a maximum of ten (10) stories. Stories could be entered by (1) self-application, and/or (2) nomination.

The Battle Rounds don't cater short stories and/or one-shot stories (completed books with less than 7, 500 words). Instead, they would have a direct scorecard and wouldn't need to worry about being eliminated.

In the Elimination round (ER), the judges would review the first seven chapters of all the accepted stories (excluding Intro, Prologue, etc.). Why seven chapters? Because by then, the book should have already established both the initial plot and the characterization of your story that would engage your reader to read on.

The five stories that would have the lowest scores would be eliminated and the upper half would proceed to the final round. If you have a seven-chapter story right now and you're confident that your book would not be eliminated, then we suggest that you write more of your pages to make sure that the judges could have something to review in the Final round.

The Final round (FR) would deal with the rest of your pages. The judges would read on to your story and fill another scorecard. 

The final score, however, isn't the score in the Final round. Instead, it would be 50/50. Hence, the final score of the five contenders in the final round would be computed as:

(ER + FR)/2

-----

[T I M E L I N E]

Note that the timeline below might change if and only if necessary.

May 11, 2018 [Open for applications for both the judges and the participants.]

TBA [Deadline for all applications.]

TBA [Judging for the Elimination round.]

TBA [Posting of the list of candidates for the Final round.]

TBA [Start of Final Round.]

TBA [Tabulation of Final scores.]

TBA [Announcement of Category Winners!]

-----

BTS: BATTLE OF THE BEST FANFICTION 2018