MINIGAME 01: Winning Piece

[ W I N N I N G P I E C E ]

As the Team promised, the winning piece of the Minigame 01: Battle of the First Chapters will be posted in this Awards Ceremony. So, here is our First Placer, WittyInsane with her entry:

Book Title: The Devil's Sonata
Author: WittyInsane

Rating: 89.5%  

_____

Pain coated every scream that escaped her throat. Just as crimson painted her white dress from every slice his knife dug into her skin.

He heard his own mirthful laughter as he inhaled her screams when he pulled the last nail of her fingers. He loved it-- he loved how she mourned for her own life, how she begged him to stop. Her cries were like the black keys of his piano, dense enough to send a thrilling sensation in his veins. Her screams were like a symphonic orchestra that made his heart beat with such relaxing euphony.

"P-please..." she whimpered, feeling all her strength finally leaving her.

He smirked as he looked at her in lust-- bloodlust. Her face was covered with bloody tears that streamed off from her now hallowed eyes. Her eyeballs still hanging across her cheeks since he decided he should not waste such beautiful eyes.

The night was dark-- but it was nothing compared to him. "Please what, my sweet symphony?" he whispered ever so sweetly like a lover before slicing deep enough onto her breast. Blood overflowed from the pool of her wound and created another imprint of crimson waterfall on the pretty ruffles of her pearly dress.

With all the cuts in her body, the freshest wound on her flesh didn't make her wince anymore. It was as if her anatomy was already so accustomed to so much pain that her cells were already numb.

"Please j-just..." She just wanted to rest. She sobbed, "--just kill me already," she begged.

His throat vibrated with a chuckle, then it grew louder and louder until the madness in his mind reflected his laughter. He loved it-- he loved it when they begged him to just kill them. He loved how they realize how pathetic they were and pleaded him to give them such merciful gift such as death.

"But my Sonata isn't done yet, Baby," he spoke with so much enthusiasm.

He picked a bottle of some clear liquid and poured it on her bare thighs. A layer of thin smoke oozed off her skin as it blistered and burned her flesh.

A contented smile crept to the Devil's delectable lips as the night smirked with him. They listened as her passionate cries once again echoed on the walls of his room, creating a requiem more beautiful than that of Mozart's.

_____

Each breath stung your lungs. Still, you inhaled and exhaled knowing that you need the poison they called an oxygen to live-- or at least to survive. You were just another human after all.

You dragged your own sneakered feet out of your room. Each day was a struggle you needed to overcome. The thought of being amidst the crowd itself drowned you, and slowly, anxiousness crept into the bloodstreams under your skin.

"Honey, are you alright?" your mom asked, giving you a morning kiss on the cheek before handing you a plate of your normal breakfast.

"Y-yeah," you answered before pulling off the sweetest smile you've been practicing since forever that it already became a part of you. "I'm fine, Mom," you lied as you fed yourself. "This is good!" you complimented with a bright beam to redirect the topic.

It was always easier that way... to act okay though smile, than to go through the process of explaining why you feel such things-- especially when you yourself didn't know the root of the emptiness that had been consuming you day by day.

No, you weren't unloved or uncared for-- you were just... numb. Suffocated by the fancy idea they called life.

"Mom, can I stay a little late later?" you hesitantly asked once you were done with your breakfast.

She looked at you with a raised eyebrow since it was one of the rare times you asked that question. "Are you going to hang out with your friends? It's okay, just don't stay up too late," she said. She handed you some cash just in case you'd need them and smiled fondly. Those were one of the things you were thankful for in your life, you needn't ask. "Dad is waiting for you in the garage."

You took your bag and kissed your Mom goodbye before running out, finding your Dad closing the trunk. "Morning, Dad!" You grinned and sluggishly walked into the car.

"You look..." Your Dad observed you once he was already seated in the driver's seat, "--normal," he chuckled before speeding off.

"I'll take that as a compliment," you chortled before gazing back out the window. It was all just a normal fifteen-minute ride.

Normal. Most people aimed to be more than the word that being different became normal. And you were stuck with the unnoticed boring cliche.

You were a college student taking up a degree in Fine Arts. Cliched like the rest of the world, you were just another sophomore student in casual clothing. Well, except that you usually overthink things but at the same time not to care at all, if you wanted to consider that a special ability.

You opened the door once your Dad parked in your university and looked at him before you stepped out. "Thanks, Dad," you said before leaving a smooch on his cheek. "Oh, by the way! I'll be home later than usual so you don't need to give me a ride home," you informed, not explaining further.

You exhaled as you gaze at your university, feeling as if someone in the crowd was trespassing your mind. And your usual day began...

_____

Chapter One to, "The Devil's Sonata"

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/548040715-the-devil%27s-sonata-yoongi-x-reader-1-his-sonata

_____

Again, congratulations on winning the Minigame 01: Battle of Firsts! You've just proven that Hidden Gems are worth the digging!