Chapter 04

The trainees all gathered for the ranking re-evaluation. They are all done except the A Class and now, 4 of the them were removed in A Ranking. Chen Linong, Justin, Wang Ziyi and Ding Zeren while You Zhangjin, Zhang Yifan, Zheng Ruibin and Li Junyi, formerly B Class are promoted to A Class. And now, There are only two people left.

“ Individual Trainee, Cai Xu Kun. SM Entertainment Trainee, Kim Se Yeon. “ PD Zhang said that makes the two more nervous. Zhu Zhengting and Lin Chaoze, who is on their side pat Cai Xu Kun’s shoulder while they ruffle Kim Se Yeon’s hair to give them some comfort. They both make their way towards the stair when Zhang Yixing stops them.

“ Wait a minute. “ The duo stops from their track. Cai Xu Kun froze from his position and Kim Se Yeon stops from her track. They both look cute. All of the trainees seems confuse too.

“ You two don’t have to come down. Congratulations on successfully staying in A Class. “ PD Zhang congratulates them. The trainees clap for them.

“ Both of their capabilities are super strong. “ Li Xikan said.

*** Flashback ***

@Mentor and PD Zhang’s meeting room

The Mentors and PD Zhang are watching the re-evaluation clip with hawk eyes. They are currently watching Cai Xu Kun’s Performance.

“ I feel its very complete. It’s the very first complete performance so far. “ Jackson said.

“ I don’t think we need to discuss too much about this. “ Li Ronghao chuckled.

“ This is the standard for A “ Zhou Jie Qiong stated.

“ Yeah, right. “ Zhang Yi Xing agreed and stamp the Red A Mark to Cai Xu Kun’s Profile.

Next, Se Yeon’s Performance flashes the screen. Zhang Yi Xing watch with hawk eyes and his face show more strictness. He won’t gave her A if she doesn’t deserve it. Even if they came from same company. He wants to be fair. He needs to be fair.

“ From what I’ve seen so far, this one’s rhythm is the most accurate. “ Jie Qiong chimed while pointing to the screen.

“ Yeah. And her dance is so on point. Very sharp and on beat. “ Jackson added.

“ How’s her attitude in your class? “ PD Zhang asked Li Ronghao.

“ She’s very confident and she’s doing so well. Her vocal is very stable and she can hit high notes very easily. She’s responsible too because since all of the A class aren’t trained in singing, she helps them. “ Li Ronghao answered.

“ How about in Dancing Class ? “ PD Zhang asked Jie Qiong.

“ Well, she knows the basics and she easily catch the steps. But she often got distracted by little things or slight movement. She’s also always fooling around with Cai Xu Kun but they are my best students. “ Jie Qiong answered.

“ Actually, Kim Se Yeon and Cai Xu Kun. These people, their conditions are similar to that period of time to when we first graded them. “ PD Zhang stated.

“ Yeah. Their condition hasn’t change. “ Li Ronghao agreed.

*** End of Flashback ***

*** Se Yeon’s Interview ***

( A/N : Just imagine that when it is in Italic, their speaking in hangeul. Thank you.)

After the re-evaluation, The trainees were given time to call one of their loveones. And Se Yeon chose to call her Unnie who she’s really been closed to since her mother isn’t answering the phone call, probably busy on their own business.

“ Your sister is in my hand. “ Se Yeon spoke and changing her voice.

“ Who is this ? “ So Nyuh Shi Dae’s Leader, Taeyeon’s voice rang from the speaker of the phone. Se Yeon keeps a straight face.

“ Your Sister is in my hands. Hurry and bring nine million dollars for her randsom or else’s she’ll be killed. “ Se Yeon said seriously, still her voice is not her regular speaking voice.

“ Se Yeonnie. Stop pranking me ! I know your voice even though you make it deeper ! And you’ve pranked me so many times ! I won’t fall for this again. “ Tae Yeon said, reminiscing the time when Se Yeon pranked her that she got kidnapped so Tae Yeon called the police because Se Yeon is crying really hard. It turns out that she’s just infront of their dorm. Se Yeon laugh.

" Unnie~~ How are you doing right now~~ “ Se Yeon said sweetly.

“ Ahh. Uri Se Yeonnie. I’m currently preparing for my solo comeback. I heard you’re doing good. And you’ve got in A since the first evaluation. Yixing told me. Aigoo~ You are really my sister. “ Tae Yeon said. Se Yeon chuckled.

“ Unnie, I’m in the midst of filming and you are in loud speaker right now. They’ve told me to call a family so I call Eomma first but she’s not answering my call so I called you. Say ‘hi’ to your fans. They can hear you. “ Se Yeon said.

“ Hi fans ! This is Kim Tae Yeon. Please support my sister and take care of her. This sweetheart is really talented. “ Tae Yeon said seriously.

“ Argh Unnie ! You’re embarassing me. “ Se Yeon pouted even though she can see it.

“Wae ? I’m just saying the truth!” Tae Yeon said while laughing.

“ Unnie, I miss you. “ Se Yeon said truthfully with a hint of sadness in her voice.

“ Aigoo, My Little Monster. I miss you too. Eomma and Appa are always calling me and telling me to check you up since they can’t call you so I always ask Yixing to know about you. Honestly, I’m not used that my apartment is so quiet. I miss your little pranks and I also miss when you are waking me up in the middle of the night because you are hungry and you want me to cook for you. Ji Woong Oppa told me that you and him met on China and spend time together. I am so jealous, Donsaenggie. I hope I can go to  Beijing right now but I have so many schedule. Yoona and Yuri, that two are always bothering me because they missed you. Just remember, We, you’re SNSD Unnies are always here for you. We are supporting you always. “ Tae Yeon said. Se Yeon started to tear up but prevents it from flowing.

“ I miss you so much, Unnie. I’m going to do my very best for you and for the ones who is supporting me. I’m going to make you proud. Saranghaeyo. “ Se Yeon said.

“ Nado Saranghae, Dongsaengie. “ Tae Yeon said, breaking her voice in the process. She’s crying. And Se Yeon cannot cry infront of the camera. She just don’t want to show weakness infront of the camera.

*** End of Interview ***

The trainees are gathered up again. They are patiently waiting for PD Zhang to arrive. And when PD Zhang appeared, The atmosphere becomes more heavy.

“ We are now going to select the first Idol Producer’s Center. The First Center for the theme song. The thing about the center position, to put it in layman’s terms, is the person who stands in the center and if you are standing in the center, you will be easily seen by other at the first glance. “ PD Zhang announced.

*** Trainee’s Interview ***

Zhang Yixuan :  She is the heart of the team.

Lou Zibo : He is the person who is able to interpret the song most perfectly.

Deng Langyi : The performance of the center when being presented on the television and on the----- *A design frame on the table beside him got knocked out* I am sorry. I’m just excited. *laugh*

Zhang Yixuan : Everyone would want to fight for this position.

*** End of Interview ***

“ All of the rank A will be the candidates for the center position. Prepare a solo performance suitable for the theme song. And according to this performance, Trainees in B C D F are going to vote to select the center. Trainees in Rank A, You will only have one hour to prepare. “ PD Zhang continued.

*** Interview ***

Cai Xu Kun : The time is too short and the task was too immense.

Lin Chaoze : I was panicking. First, I need to come up with a choreography. Then I had to think of a melody.

*** End of Interviews ***

“ After one hour, we will be selecting the first center position for the theme song. Jiayou. “ PD Zhang ended before exiting and the trainees clap.

“ Jiayou, Cai Xu Kun ! “ Other trainees said to Cai Xu Kun.

“ Jiayou, Kim Se Yeon ! You can do it. “ Some said. Even looking at Se Yeon with you-can-get-the-center look and Se Yeon nodded. Se Yeon turn to Cai Xu Kun who is beside her.

“ You can do it, Cai Xu Kun ! I know you’ll get the center position ! I’m rooting for you ! If you didn’t get the center position, I swear, I’m going to hit you. “ Se Yeon said seriously to Cai Xu Kun. She doesn’t want to be the center. Being on the side is enough because she doesn’t want to attract so much attention. And she got so many fans so she wants to give chance to the others. As if being the only girl doesn’t attract attention.

“Don’t go easy on me, Se Yeonnie. You deserve to be the center too.” Cai Xu Kun said.

*** Fast Forward ***

While the other trainees are practicing hard to choreograph their own dance in the song of the Theme Song, Se Yeon is busy eating gummies on the side beside You Zhangjing who is currently eating apple.

“ You’re not going to practice ? “ Cai Xu Kun asked as he sat beside Se Yeon and grab a gummy inside the plastic.

“ No. And hey ! Kim Se Yeon doesn’t share specially if it is gummies. “ Se Yeon said and hide her gummy in her side. Cai Xu Kun laugh at her childishnes.

“ Hey ! Jung Jung ! Be careful ! You can’t injure yourself before you perform ! “ Se Yeon said when she noticed Zhu Zhengting slipped and fall on his behind.

“ Sorry.  “ Zhu Zhengting said.

*** Fast Forward again brought to you by your lazy but beautiful author ***

“ Okay. Trainees. That one hour have past, Are you ready ? “ Asked PD Zhang. The trainees answered in chorus.

“ The center battle for the theme song starts now. Who wants to start first ? “ He asked. Zheng Ruibin bravely raised his hand and the trainees owwed because of his braveness. No one wants to go first because of pressure.

“ Jiayou ! “ The trainees said and Zheng Ruibin start his performance. The performance then goes on until none of the A Class Trainees are left. The prospective centers did great as expected. Cai Xu Kun did a collab of some of EXO’s point dance while Se Yeon did a little of Modern Ballet and Hiphop. Now, it is up to the trainees on who will be the center.

“ Now announcing the result. Cai Xu Kun and Kim Se Yeon received the highest amount of votes. Amongst the two, Who will become the center of the first theme song performance ? “ OD Zhang asked. The tension on the room grew thicker.

“ Congratulations to Cai Xu Kun in winning the center position with 21 votes. “ PD Zhang announced. The trainees clapped. Se Yeon turn to Cai Xu Kun and smile.

“ Congratulations you won’t be hit. “ Se Yeon joked. Cai Xu Kun laugh.

“ Se Yeon is a vote behind, getting 20 votes. You two did great. And also the A Class. Jiayou. “ PD Zhang said.