Chapter one:The girl

'Arnaq' that's the name given to me by the natives.After I've been found by the same native I stole at the war. Turns out I have save his brother from the lost boy. It's what they call the cloaked people. They have taken me in  their village as payment for saving their comrade.

'Arnaq come and eat'. Nuka the boy that found me in the tree said.

'Comin' I said through my hands. I have been thought to speak through symbols using my hands and read lips by the village old woman Lola

It's still dawn but men and boys are already up and about, some are training while others are eating, or preparing breakfast. It's only been a 2 days  that I stayed with the natives and mostly I'm with lola teaching me how communicate.  Food was served on a banana leaf people have to use their hands to eat. I seated next to nuka and started eating. I never meet the other natives that's why I mostly been staring instead of eating.

'You need eat'   A man across me said thats nuka's brother, head of the guards. I must have been staring far to long, I nodded and I wholly focuses on eating. Sneaking a few glances at the boys and men on the table all having the same dark hair in braids or with some accessories like beads in their hair. All of them I haven't met.

Not long after the sun started to rise which means its time to resume training for the boys and men and me to go to lola's hut to still learn to speak through symbols and learn medicine with the women and girls. I felt someone coming near me I turned around and saw Nuka coming.

'Let me walk you to lola's hut' I shoke my head

'No need nuka, I know the way' he blocked my way

'I believe I want to be a gentleman'. He smile and offered me to grabbed his arm.

'What do I owe the pleasure?' I grabbed his arm and we started walking. He never answer my question and I don't really feel like answering. It's strange a thought cross my mind I don't know, its feels strange like, being here is strange. Its not anything about the native it's the circumstance that I feel,  like fate fated me to feel strange at this very moment, isn't that  strange.

Nuka tap the top of my head to get my attention. He pulled away so he can use his hand

'You've been out in the cosmo again'

'Out in the cosmo?'

'Just my way of saying your thinking too deep like the first time we saw you, what are you thinking about?'

'Wouldn't you like to know?' I raised a brow

'Im a natural born curios plus your the first visitor we have I'd like to know what's going on to that pretty little head of yours' he smile, I notice that we stop.

'First visitor, in Neverland?' I recall what lola said the place name was.

'Yeah without Pan coming for you first'

Pan?

I feel the vibration of footsteps coming, and glance and there's lola already infront of us, looking at me. I didnt even noticed we're already at the hut.

'Its time for you to go learn'  her kind eyes urge me to go and I did, but not before I caught her emotions change when it landed on Nuka.

'Why you bring the girl late!!'  She lightly punches him looking irritated but I knew better.
"Sorry lola!!" He laughingly said before running off back to the training grounds.

'Come'  she gently tug me inside and immediately, I was hit with a strong smell that made my eyes water.

It stinks I was smacked at the head, Lola gave me a look.

'What?'  I didn't even say anything....wait.

'Arnaq we do not make that face infront of the gods, ayshh so  so much to learn before you truly became part of us'  she hurriedly taken her place in front and I followed suit, there were four huge rock inside of  the bamboo walls of hut serving as a pillar,  lola told me yesterday that they  also contains history in a painted way. I spotted a peculiar one, a green figure stands like a kings above the painting of an island I'm guessing neverland and a another one were a bunch of brown figures natives and, that figure again they were kneeling before him. No surrendering, the green figure have something bright  and red in his hand. Then Pan crosses my mind.
A tap on my shoulder 'Arnaq'  I met Lola's kind eyes. 'It's time to start learning'  I nodded and she handed me a paper. I was to write what she meant when she put up symbols with her hands. And if I wrong she will correct me first and ask me to scribble over what I write before and start again from the beginning. It's tedious but I did learn

My eyes drifted to the statue in what seems to be an altar, hand craved and strange looking they were four of them each with a bowl with different colors and flowers surrounding them. I never ask lola about their gods. Lola smacked my forehead.

'Play attention do you want to talk with others right?' I nodded, a little irritated , I want to learn the history I'll try to learn symbols another day.

'Lola whats that green figure over there, is...that pan?'. My eyes soften fear is evident in her eyes. Why is she afraid?

'Yes dear

'Can you tell me more?' She shook her head.

'Im afraid the time is not right?'

' Why isn't it right'. I ask and she smile at me weakly.

'In time my dear'  she hold my hand trying to be reassuring but I didn't feel it, only left with the feeling of disappointment. We practice some more until the women and girls arrived. They just finish eating, I sat the farthest away needless to say I'm feeling sulky. I caught lola eyes, I didn't return the favor and instead focus on doodling on a patch of paper. She proceeded teaching she cant speak or hear just like me so she talk through symbols too. Halfway to the lessons my attention glided to the chief's daughter tiger lily. Black hair in braids, beads in her hair with their traditional clothing and brown skinned and dark eyes. She is one of the most beautiful girl here. And she was looking at me.

———————————————-
So first chapter yeah... I've already written the second chap but I will not be posting them until I finish the third chap. I think I will be able to finish it three to five days. Bare with me okay 😭

Word count: 1138