Chapter five:Cove

'That was something wasn't it'

'Yeah really disturbing if that's the future'  after the show we went out to eat at the buffet. And surprise, surprise people never left their eyes on me or nuka or us.

'You want the fish or the squid?'

'Squid' I always wonder that even when I'm munching on a delicious squid. I grabbed nuka's shoulder.

'Why do people always stare?'

'They're curious'

'About me' he nodded.

'What about you?'

'Me?' He looked confused

'Yeah people stare at you, I mean I know why they stare at me but what about you?' He shook his head.

'Its not tonight story Arnaq. Please drop it' he didn't looked at me as he said this. I wish I didn't ask him that.

'Sorry' I played the fried tentacles of the squid. Wanting to change the subject and the atmosphere. I feel the vibrations of the drums and I saw people running. Nuka suddenly was no where in sight. I figure he must have some emergency guard duties to attend to. I always did saw him training with the guards, There's seems to be no alarm so I went to where the people are.

It was a gathering of the higher ups and there's the great big chief. I stand in awe at the big man.

'My people,' I stiffed by his glance at me. 'Tonight let us give thanks to the god of life and death theo and anu, may they lead our fallen brothers to rest in paradise. Rest assured that they're deaths would not go in vain. For the time I'am chief we will end pan's rule once and for all' people cheered at the chief. I guess they really hate pan. I still haven't talked to lola about him.

Drums were being beat and the people are even more joyful after the chief speech, good for them. I was about to head to where the head guard is to ask about nuka when the drums stopped their beat.

Everything stop so suddenly. I turn to look, everyone is frozen at their place even the animals stop their noises. The chief stood still. At a boy who just fell from the sky.

'I believe you have something that belongs to me'  caught a glimpse of his lips before someone grabbed my hand and dragged me away. It was nuka.

'Let's go' panic was written all over his face and I wasted no time to follow him,I saw the guards readied their weapons at the boy.

This can't be good.

We run away from the village to a place I don't know where, I've never been here before it was just a clearing at a middle of a jungle. I waited for us to catch our breaths from the suddenly running.

'Who was that?' I demanded to know.

'Someone dangerous'

'Who? Why can't you just tell me his name! '' I was pissed off by all the secrecy they've keeping.

'That was pan' we stood still. I can see all the fear he kept hidden by that moment.

'What are we going to do?'

'We-' he immediately pulled me to hide behind his back. His sword was drawn and his eyes were alert scanning the area. I saw the bush moved nuka got ready to whatever it was.

Tiger lily?

She emerged from the bush. And I was even more confused. I couldn't see what nuka said but tiger lily.

'It is proven he feared her' her eyes are stern and serious, I could see a fury behind them.

Pan feared me?  A question baffles me. And I was left even more confuse than we left off.  Nuka put his sword at away a little more relaxed than before. I figured

'What are we going to do?' I read nuka's lips.

'We will go to the cannibal cove. That's where we will hide and  I will train her' her eyes glances on me.

'Why the sudden change of heart?' His eyes were unreadable just like the council.

'It was my fathers order. Let's go'

'What about the others?'  I ask abandoning all my anxieties about her.

'Fine' she simply said, and started to walk.

'Don't worry we have a plan for something like this' his assuring smile kinda make up all the bad that happens.

'Okay'  we hiked towards our destination. We were quite tiger lily and nuka didn't talk. The hike was long I feel my legs giving up but seeing as how the others are doing. They're not breaking a sweat. I decided to not take a break.

'We can take a break you know'

'No, no need' I will prove that I not some under exercise human.

'Are you sure?'

'Yes I'am sure'

'Okay'

We finally reached our destination. I immediately sat on the  nearest boulder inside the cove. Feeling that my eyes were as heavy as rocks. I feel someone kicking my feet.

'Get up' it was tiger lily.

'What?why?'

'Get.up.' I immediately did. She handed me a sword and took a stance.

'You mean now?' She pointed the sword at my face.

Okay I mentally squeak. And raised the sword.

She quickly got it out of my hand.

'Hold it tighter, you are not some flower girl here' I got it and raised it again. Holding the hilt tighter, she charges and I took a step back but I was to slow, she quickly disarmed me again.

'Slow, slow, pick up the pace!'

'Give her some slack' nuka commented

'Slack? I don't know if you haven't notice but our enemy is in our land fighting our brothers. I don't think we can give her a slack if she's our best shot.' Her eyes are threatening. I'm afraid to look at it.

'Look she's exhausted, training her in this state won't do any good'

'No teach me' I countered.
'If...I'm your best shot then train me, as hard as you can. I'll consider it payment for letting me stay'

'Hard as I can.' I felt chills, as she look at me.

'Fine' I pick up a sword.

'I'll train you till you're a proper warrior, flower girl'