Chapter 50: Worthy Of Love

Klaus returned back to the compound after meeting with Cami and came at us with another one of his paranoid cries. I really was having the time of my life.

"It was Gaspar Cortez. I'm sure of it." He told the three of us.

"One from your box of letters?" Freya asked with a sigh.

"The youngest son of a particularly vile family of warlords from the 17th century." He explained. "From Belaga, my favourite artist retreat that was burnt to the ground. Someone had to pay so I murder the brute's father."

"And?" Freya continued.

"One or two—"

"Five." Elijah and I interjected.

"Five of his bloodthirsty brothers."

"Don't forget the mistress." Elijah added.

"That was an accident!" Klaus said in defence of himself.

"The point is; Gaspar was just a footnote." I told her.

"Until he became a vampire hell-bent on hunting me." Klaus said sheepishly. "He's a cunning deviant, known to compel hoards of the helpless to aid him with his tasks. You see, this is exactly what I was concerned about. Devils of all kinds, crawling out of their crevices to strike at me. Speaking of which... Rather foolish of you to come here alone." Klaus sped towards the door and pinned Davina against one of the support beams only for him to be thrown aside be an unknown figure.

"She didn't come alone brother." Freya, Elijah and Klaus looked back at the man in surprise.

"Is this real life?" I asked giddily.

"Now Nik, you did go after my girl." Kol told Klaus with a smirk.

"It can't be." Klaus replied.

"It's Kol. When I broke your sire link, it created a surge of power." Davina said.

"You stole the nexus vorti." Freya said with a cold look.

"And brought your brother back from the dead!" Davina snapped in frustration.

"You should be thanking her." Kol said quickly. Klaus leapt up and hugged his brother tightly. Kol then turned to me as I grinned brightly at my resurrected best friend.

"I've missed you, darling!" Kol said as I pulled him into a tight hug.

"If only I could say the same." I teased as he moved on to Elijah.

"Hello Elijah."

"You haven't aged a day." Elijah laughed at his joke and Kol turned to Freya.

"Sorry but I don't know you."

"Freya."

"Right." Kol said coming to the realisation. "Long lost old sister. Speaking of twists and turns in our family tree, what of Bex? Ooh and my time-travelling nephew?"

"You've met Elliott?" Elijah asked him. "Why does that not surprise me?"

"Well it's a long story." Klaus said before glaring at Davina. "One reserved for family. Davina's seen the door many a time, I'm sure she can see herself out."

"What—"

"Look Kol." I said in exasperation. "You've been in this family long enough to know that as per usual, we're going up against a million and one threats. So you need to learn fast and without distractions. Particularly one of their main causes."

"Nice to see you too, Fiore." Davina told me coldly.

"Fiore, you can't—"

"It's okay, I'll go." Davina told him. "Make it up to me, okay?"