Chapter 67: Finishing The Book

~Freya POV~

"They're not answering." Elijah told his sister. "And the Strix tell me that Lara is headed to the bayou. She knows where Rebekah is. We're out of time."

Freya knew that if she hesitated for even a moment, Lara would win and it would all be over. For all of them. And it would be all her fault.

"Elijah, we need to put an end to this." Freya told him. "And the only way to get the power we need is to use Davina."

The two of them crept into the living room where Davina was still in her binding circle talking to Marcel.

"This wasn't your fault, or Kol's." Davina said to him. "The Ancestors hate me because of choices that I made. I'm not a kid. I'm not your responsibility."

"Honey, you will always, be my responsibility." Marcel told her sadly.

"What were you supposed to do?" She said with a light laugh. "Lock me in an attic and keep the world at bay forever? You didn't let me down. I just grew up. Thank you for saving me that first time. And for everything else after. I love you, Marcel."

"I love you too."

Freya almost felt sorry for the two and was beginning to doubt their plan. But when Elijah looked to her for confirmation, she knew she had no other choice but to give it to him. Lara had to be stopped and there was no other way to do it.

Elijah rushed into the room and pushed Marcel up against a beam. Marcel struggled against him but all-in-all he was no match for him. Elijah was and would always be his superior.

"Forgive me, Marcel."

Freya took hold of Davina and began to chant the spell sending them to the Layfette Cemetery on the Ancestral Plane as Davina pleaded with him to stop.

"No, please!" Davina begged. "You'll break the circle! Please, please stop this! Don't do this to me! Don't make me go back, please! MARCEL! No, please, let go! MARCEL! NO! Let go! LET GO! PLEASE LET GO!"

Elijah snapped Davina's neck as Freya forced her into the Ancestral Plane permanently. She looked back at her horrified brother with an equally horrified gaze.

"It had to be done, Elijah." He nodded sadly and the two headed to the Bayou hoping that the outcome would outweigh the cost.

~Marcel POV~

Marcel woke up as Vincent, Kol and Van waltzed into the compound. He glimpsed at the binding circle and saw that she was gone.

"Who broke the circle?" Kol asked in terror.

"Elijah jumped me. Freya took down Davina." Kol opened his mouth to say something but Marcel knew that they didn't have the time. "Don't ask me why because it doesn't matter. What matters is resurrecting Davina now."

"Van's going to use every bit of his power as Regent to bring her back." Vincent told them sternly.

"Good." Marcel said as he made his way out. "I'll get Davina's body."

~Klaus POV~

I woke up and had started to pull myself from the wreckage of the car crash, still bleeding with marks on my head. I looked around for Hayley and I saw her beside the wreckage with a wooden stick impaled in her chest. I walked towards her but instead Lara appeared in front of me with a smirk.

"Klaus, I was hoping I'd run into you." I stormed towards her but she flicked her wrist and I was thrown back into the car. I looked back at her in surprise—since when could she do magic? "Come now love, it's no fun if you don't fight back. It's a shame Fiore isn't here to fight your battles anymore."