Chapter 2

The jeep drove up into the hanger, every soldier, including the bots, were their waiting. The bots were in the back, in their holoforms. Lennox and Epps step out of the vehicle and Lennox goes to open the door for Nichole.

"Here we are." He states. She gives him a thank you nod and hops out. Her backpack over her shoulder, she walked in front of the jeep, taking in her surroundings.

She scans the room and notices the separate group in the back behind the soldiers. The fancy colorful vehicles, she knew all too well who they were. She formed a scowl, and her eyes began shooting daggers as she stands looking at the all, each eyeing her down, different emotions showing on their faces and from the look in their eyes. She took note of the scared looks she was getting around the room. The nervous glanced made towards her.

"This is Nichole James. You will treat her with the same respect you treat me, if not more. Would you like to say anything, Nichole?" Lennox said turning to her. She set her bag down to her side and walked closer to the group.

"I want to thank you all for letting me stay here for a few weeks. All I really have to say is, stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours." She said in a flat voice, no change in pitch as she talked and a fake smile to top it off. Lennox nodded at her as she turned to look at him.

"Alright dismissed." He said awkwardly.

"Yes, Sir." Echoed throughout the hanger. All the soldiers left, besides the bots. They waited until the room had been cleared.

The tallest of the holoforms walked up and held out his hand getting ready to introduce himself.

"No need to be in your holoforms, I know what you are." She interrupted.

Their holoforms vanished into thin air and the vehicles in the back began to transform. Lennox led her up to the platform, so she could convers with them better.

"Don't you know respect." Ironhide sneered after they all transformed.

"As far as I'm concerned respect is earned not given. And you have not earned my respect. In fact, you've lost it. My partner is dead, because you all ignored his cries for help. So, give me a reason why I should respect you." She demanded raising her voice enough to be heard throughout the hanger.

The bots looked away from her, except for Ironhide who only gave a low growl. Even Optimus had to look away, it pained him to know she was right. He didn't want to let anyone down, but he had, he wasn't able to rescue a fellow Autobot.

She felt all eyes on her, but one set seemed to be burning into her. She snapped her head towards the golden mech with the golden and black fins on the side of his helm. His face distorted in anger, eyes on the verge of turning red. He glared into her. She held her glare back. Her face stayed emotionless, her eyes doing the talking. He tried to find fear in them, there was none and that made him furious. He wanted to make her scream, threaten her, make her cry. They continued to stare at each other, time slowing around them. The others watching the two in curiosity and fear.

Then his spark seemed to pause as he saw a gleam of light pass over her eyes, and that...that scared him. Before anything could be said or done between the two, Lennox decided it was a good time to interrupt.

"Nichole let me show you to where you will be staying." He suggested, eyeing down Sunstreaker, making sure he didn't try anything. Nichole didn't move her eye contact from Sunstreaker.

"Yes, Sir." She said. She picked up her bag and grabbed her other bags, her eyes finally moving away from the mech. Then she followed Lennox down the hall out of the hanger. Lennox gave Sunstreaker a questionable look as he was leaving. Sunstreaker watched as they left the hanger.