Another Not-so-peaceful Day

Another not-so-peaceful day passed in Kino Der Toten.

There had been a few near-death-experiences and one or two wounds which needed disinfecting, but otherwise nothing important had happened.

Dempsey was bored, and wanted to find a new location to kill zombies.

"Guys, seriously, we've been here way too long!" Dempsey looked up at the sky, "I bet even that weird girl's getting bored, wherever she is."

"Her name's Samantha." Richtofen mumbled, "I doubt she'll ever give up trying to kill us, no matter how boring it becomes." He glared at Dempsey, and poured some disinfectant on a cut on Nikolai's right hand.

"I'm just saying, maybe we should find a new location." Dempsey replied, his eyes meeting Richtofen's. There was a moment of hesitation before Dempsey looked away.

Richtofen was about to speak, but Nikolai quickly spoke over him.

"My hand hurts." He complained, staring blankly at his injured hand. "Can I have vodka?"

Picking up a bottle of vodka and passing it to Nikolai, Richtofen sighed gently. He carefully bandaged Nikolai's hand before walking away to the dressing room.

Dempsey quickly followed him.

"Hey, Doc, where are you going?" He called after him, but soon found him stood on the stage, looking at the teleporter.

Richtofen leaned against the metal frame of the machine, "Pretty impressive, right?"

Dempsey paused to wonder why Richtofen was asking him such a random question. He already knew Richtofen had created the teleporter, as Richtofen often mentioned it in conversations.

"Well, do you mean the teleporter or you?" He playfully asked.

Richtofen giggled, and walked up to Dempsey.

"Maybe I'm referring to both."

"Well in that case... yeah. Pretty damn impressive." Dempsey replied with a grin.

Dempsey's stupid grin made Richtofen laugh.

"You're such an adorable idiot sometimes, darling." He whispered, wrapping his arms around Dempsey's neck.

"Now, didn't you mention something about finding a new location?"

Dempsey knew exactly what Richtofen was doing. He was trying to get Dempsey to stay. Well, it was working.

"Don't worry about it. It was just a crazy idea." Dempsey mumbled, smiling gently.

"Maybe you've been spending too much time around me if you're starting to get crazy ideas..." Richtofen ran his fingers through Dempsey's hair.

"Hmm... nah, I think I need to spend more time around you." This comment made Richtofen smile.

Richtofen pulled Dempsey closer. Their faces were so close together that Richtofen's hat almost fell off.

"Oh really? How much more time do you want to spend around me?" He asked.

Dempsey gently kissed Richtofen, "The rest of my life."

"Same here. I guess great minds think alike." Richtofen laughed, blushing strongly.

Dempsey wrapped his arms around Richtofen's waist.

"Well, you'd know a lot about having a great mind."

"Aww. We're still not moving to a new location, you know." Richtofen knew Dempsey was just being sweet so he would agree to move to a different location.

"Yeah, I know..." Dempsey sighed, "It's no big deal. I'm just happy to be here with you. I love you, sweetheart."

Richtofen smiled and leaned in to kiss Dempsey, "I love you too."

Before he could kiss him, Nikolai walked into the room, still holding the bottle of vodka from earlier.

There was an awkward silence, which was eventually broken by Nikolai making a small noise of confusion.

"Perhaps it is just vodka playing tricks on me." He concluded, walking out of the room.

Richtofen laughed, and Dempsey looked incredibly embarrassed.

"Maybe we should go to somewhere more private before Takeo walks in." Richtofen suggested, still giggling quietly.

"Yeah... good idea." Dempsey sighed, picking Richtofen up and carrying him out of the room.

Richtofen's laughter gently echoed around the room, along with another echo of him saying;

"Dempsey, put me down! I can walk!"