4-I Feel Like Katniss Everdeen Right About Now

4-‘I Feel Like Katniss Everdeen Right About Now’

The whole day was terrifying.

Let’s just say I’m still paranoid. Every five minutes I would look up to make sure nothing was going to fall on me, I would look over my shoulder to make sure nobody was going to scare me, and I watched my every move for trap wires and things in that sort.

I’m pretty sure Ryder was just as afraid as I was. Nothing happened today. But I know my brothers; they’ll get you as soon as you let your guard down, thinking everything is okay.  That’s when they get you. When it’s the perfect timing.

Now I’m getting ready for bed. My guard is still not down. They could’ve poisoned my tooth paste, or something. I get into my pajamas carefully, then slide into bed. I don’t realize the weird, slimy feeling at first. I wiggle around in my bed, trying to find out what’s wrong. Then it hits me.

A horrible, horrible, horrible shriek leaves my lips.

Flipping the blankets and covers off me, I find that the whole bed is covered in peanut butter.

Peanut butter.

My pillows, the bottoms of my blankets, the sheets, the whole bed. Covered in freaking peanut butter. Not even a minute later, I hear the same shriek, only manlier and deeper.

Ryder.

I jump out of my bed, peanut butter clinging to me, and run into his room. He’s sitting in his bed with his mouth open, peanut butter licking at his bare chest. He only has pajama pants on, nothing covering his torso. Ah, kill me now.

“You too?” I speak meekly.

He nods. “Me too.”

I can already hear my brothers’ cackling. “Revenge.”

Ryder nods. “Revenge. This calls for war,” He agrees.

I grin evilly, “I think I know the perfect person to help us.”

Ryder smiles. “Good.”

“Ryder?”

“Yeah?”

“I solemnly swear that I’m up to no good.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, Harvey.” I make my smile a tiny bit more flirty. I’m twisting my hair into a curl with my finger, like the girls on the movies do. Honestly, I’ve never really flirted before. Ryder is standing in the doorway, shaking with laughter. I’m doing my best to ignore him, really, I am. 

Harvey is just sitting in the living room, looking mortified by my little flirt-act. I would look frightened too. “What do you want?” He asks, obviously not my buying it. He knows I would never flirt with him even if he was the last man on earth.

I drop the act. “Look, we,” I made a motion between Ryder and I, “kind of pranked my brothers and they pranked us back. So we need your help to prank them back again. Do you think you can help or not?”