~7~ Yukino

—Recap—

Her confidence was building up, and just as she was about to land another attack on Sting, a familiar voice interrupted them.
"I'd hate to break up this battle, but I believe this brawl has been going on for quite some time," Minerva said, who had apparently arrived from the side exit.

"M'lady!"

"M'lady... Minerva."

~ ~ ~ ~

"What's with that expression, Sorella?" Minerva leered at the red head, who was putting away her sword back into its home. "Are you perhaps discouraged that I ruined the fun?"

"Not at all, I'm just surprised to see you back so soon. Usually when you leave for a job, it takes as long as a month," Sorella commented, and Minerva scoffed.
"Apologies to disappoint you then. But if it makes you feel any better, I will be leaving again soon," there was no tone in Minerva's voice to suggest she was close to being apologetic.
Not that Sorella believed for a second Minerva would ever be sorry for anything.
"I don't believe you came here to just announce your return," Sorella bluntly stated.
"You're correct, but first, it looks like you've got a new toy. What made you get a sword?" Minerva questioned.

There was no way Sorella would ever tell Minerva the real reason why, and the tensions in the air immediately became thick, the three bystanders could feel it.
"I wanted to get one. I don't really have another reason why, besides the fact that I miss using a sword," she vaguely admitted, "it just so happens that this blade is magically imbued with light."
"How advantageous, I had no idea you knew how to wield a sword. Apparently, you learn something new everyday," Minerva mused.

"So M'lady, what really brings you here?" Rogue asked, bringing the conversation back on topic.

A while back, Sorella had learned Rogue had a skill of diffusing tensions in a room before it escalated, it was a talent he seemed to have.

"Yes, that. Since I'll be going on another job soon, It'll be unfortunate, but I won't be here for the beginning of this year's Grand Magic Games," she informed them, much to the men's surprise.
"You're not participating this year?" Sting frowned at the sudden news, but she smirked. "Of course I will, but until I complete my job, Sorella can take my spot." Minerva decided.
"Wait, really?" Sorella asked in disbelief.
"Sorella?" The men repeated in confusion.
"Yes, of course. Sorella is a capable fighter, and with her new sword, I expect positive results. Wouldn't you agree, boys?" She answered, turning to the three males for confirmation, and Sorella couldn't help but wonder what the catch was.

Minerva nominating Sorella to take part in the games in her place wasn't something she'd do out of kindness. But she knew never to look into the mouth of a gifted horse.

As Sorella was internally conflicted, the men agreed with Minerva's statement without argument.

In Sabertooth, Minerva's word was practically law, so if she decided on something, it was usually never challenged by the men.
Sorella was another thing though.

"Very well then, it should be fun to partake in the games this year," Sorella accepted Minerva's appraisal anyways.
"You should be honoured then. The Games will be a new experience for you, since you have yet to represent Sabertooth outside of Sorcerer Weekly, Sorella. I'm sure we'll have more fans coming in when they find out the magazine's top model is participating this year," Minerva coyly insinuated, and Sorella blushed with embarrassment.