Part One

It was weird, this feeling. It completely changed how Hongseob acted, especially around the other man, much to the younger’s confusion.

    It started the day they met. The company was introducing two new members to the group 24K, after it was said that members Sungoh and Daeil would go on hiatus for the time being.

    The manager came into the room, followed by two boys that looked relatively close in age, if off by a few years. He approached the now quiet table of idols. “Boys, you have two new members joining you,” he said. He gestured to the shorter boy, “This is Shim Hongseob, and” ―he nodded to the other one― “Lee Changsun. I expect you to welcome them. You have the day off to get to know each other.”

    With that, he left.

    Standing, Cory immediately took the lead. “Hello, I’m Hong Cory, the leader of 24K,” he greeted, shaking their hands and bowing. He began to introduce the others, starting with who was closest to him, “This is Kisu, Jeonguk, Jinhong, and Hui.”

    They all bowed and waved their hellos.

    “Well, are you two hungry?” Cory questioned, an easy smile resting on his lips.

    “I could eat,” Changsun agreed, speaking for the first time. Hongseob nodded along.

    “Alright, then,” said Cory. “Let’s go get some food.”

***

    “So, where are you two from?” asked Jeonguk in an attempt to be friendly.

    “We’re both from the Gyeonggi Province,” answered Changsun, taking a drink of his water.

    “Oh? Where at?” Jinhong asked excitedly, his interest peaked.

    He’s so beautiful, thought Hongseob, though he quickly banished it to the back of his mind.

    “Goyang,” Hongseob finally spoke, his voice soft.

    That made Jinhong light up even more, though Hongseob had thought it was impossible with how much he was smiling already. “Really? Me too!”

    The youngest nodded, quickly becoming embarrassed. He looked down at his food, pushing it around with his chopsticks and listening as conversation continued.

    “Don’t worry about Hongseob,” said Changsun as he saw their concerned expressions. “He doesn’t like to talk to people, especially those he doesn’t know very well. It took me almost a month to get him to even say hello, so you’re making more progress than I did.”

    Feeling a light slap on his arm, Changsun yelped. “Hey!” he complained, though all scolding died in his throat when he saw his tormentor smiling. It was extremely rare to see him smile, so Changsun liked to cherish it when he did.

    On the other hand, in a different person’s mind, there was a thought: Hongseob looks so handsome when he smiles.

    From that point on, Kim Jinhong made it his personal mission to make Shim Hongseob smile. Even if it meant hurting himself in the process.