Alternate Ending

No POV

~3 Months Later~

     Shuichi walked into his house, feeling exhausted as he hung up his coat and slipped his shoes off. Putting his bag down, he headed into his kitchen to grab something to eat.

"......"

     As he picked up a smell of something burning, he changed from walking to running and sprinted into the room.

"Hiii Saihara-chan!~"

     Kokichi was facing the counter until he turned around with two plates in his hand. He was wearing a cute small apron with the words "kiss the cook" in red on it and had a big smile on his face.

"!!! U-um....is something on fire?"

"Hm?......Oh! Yeah, the steak was earlier, but I put it out!....Does it still look good..?"

     Shuichi walked over to him and took a better look at the plates of food. It was entirely burnt and practically shriveling up. He sighed, "I thought I asked you to wait for me to be home....."

"Yeahhh, but I wanted to surprise you!" Kokichi whined.

"....."

     Saihara gently took the plates from Ouma and scrapped the food into the trash.

"!! Hey! I worked hard on that!"

     He ignored the other's comment and walked back over to them, wrapping his arms around them into a warm hug, "...Let me help you next time so you don't burn the house down...."

     The shorter individual huffed, "Fiiine..."

     He hugged the other back and buried his face in Shuichi's shirt.

"...........I missed you..." Kokichi muttered.

"I missed you too." The detective began to ruffle the other's hair.

     Ouma started to complain again, "You should start coming home earlier! It gets pretty lonely here...."

     Shuichi pulled away slightly, but kept a tight grip around Ouma, "I'll try...but I can't really control the amount of cases that come in, and I like to take on as many as I can......on a different note, did you get rid of it all yet?"

"Mhm!"

     He wiggled out of their grasp and went over to the table, picking up a newspaper and proudly handed it to Saihara, "Aren't you proud of me?~"

The front page of the paper said,

"BILLIONAIRE GONE BANKRUPT"

with a picture of Ouma at the bottom.

     Shuichi smiled at this. It took a long time to convince the other to return all of the money, gems, jewelry and other valuables that he stole. Of course, it came to a point where Kokichi couldn't remember where certain dollar bills had came from, so he donated the rest of his wealth to the orphanage.

     What made Saihara even more happy about this is the fact that Ouma chose his lover over his criminal lifestyle.

     He placed his palms on the sides of Ouma's cheeks and leaned down to kiss him. The shorter individual leaned into the kiss immediately.

"Good job," Shuichi stated once he pulled away and lightly pinched their cheek.

He smiled brightly at the praise, "Nishishi! Soooo aren't you gonna reward me?~"

"Sure. Do you want me to get you cooking lessons?"

"Hey! My cooking is fine! You're just a picky eater!......."

     He placed a hand softly along Shuichi's jawline and slid it down to the center of his chest, slightly pulling at the cloth.

".......I want something else..."

"....but..u-um.....I don't think that I'm r-ready yet...."

"Saihara-Channnnn...." Kokichi whined, "pleaaaase?"

     The taller male gradually slipped out of the other's grasp and sighed, "W-why are you so....determined to do that kind of stuff..."

Ouma only held onto them tighter, "Because I don't want you to get bored of me!!........."

"........what..?"

     Shuichi's tone grew serious, "Kokichi.....I'm not going to get bored of you just because we don't 'do it'...."

"Yeah, whatever."

     The short individual stated, doubtful. He let out a long yawn, "I'm going to bed....night detective~.."

"....."

     Saihara walked over to them before they could leave the room. He took their hand and lead them into the living room,

"Come on...lets watch a movie."

     That cheered Ouma up more as they were soon cuddling on the couch watching some super hero film. Kokichi sat on the other's lap and leaned back against their chest while Shuichi had his arms wrapped around the other.

Eventually, they fell asleep.