The bite is a gift

"We have to find a way to get out of this fight. Theo and Mason can't keep everyone out of here forever." Liam said as he was tossed your way and skidded past Malia who started to dive to take over Liam's attack.

"Malia look out!" You called as she was divided on by two attackers. Liam took one and Malia spun mid air to attack the other. A third flew out of nowhere and you scrambled to grab at a huge part of a metal pole that had been knocked loose.

They stopped for a moment and eyed you up before charging at you. With a heavy swing you hit them and knocked them back but you didn't have enough time to reel back for another swing before you were divided on. You managed to fight them off reasonably well until you hit the edge of the parking garage you were fighting in and toppled over.

"(Y/N)!" Scott yelled as he, Stiles and Lydia managed to fight off the people on the upper level and began to rush to help you, Liam and Malia.

"I can catch her!" Mason yelled from below as he and Theo almost threw people out of the way to get you. There was a painful thud as your head hit something and you blacked out.

********************************

"You're still here?" Melissa asked as she popped into your room to check on you before she finished her shift.

"Yeah. I couldn't leave her here. (Y/N)'s parents had to leave and head home." Stiles explained as he watched her check you over and fiddle with the machines.

"She'll be fine Stiles. As soon as she wakes up she'll heal up and be on her way before we can tell her to rest. You know how (Y/N) is." Melissa's smile didn't match her words and Stiles could see the worry in her eyes.

He knew that the wolves didn't think you could get better anytime soon. Mason and Theo catching you had stopped your injuries being worse than they were. But it was still bad enough that Stiles worried you wouldn't wake up. Not that he'd told your parents what anyone thought. They were still riding on the hope that you would recover.

"I think i'll stay. In case she needs something... or wakes up." Stiles muttered as he sighed and slouched in the chair. Melissa nodded, muttering that Scott would probably want to check on him.

Hours later Stiles heard his dad talking to one of the nurses. "You alright?" He asked as he stood in the doorway, watching Stiles.

"She uh. She hasn't woken yet. If Theo and Mason hadn't caught her Melissa doesn't think she'd have made it but they're hoping she'll improve." Stiles hesitated as he glanced at his dad. "She's getting worse."

"Stiles..." When Stiles glanced at his dad he could see that he didn't know what to say. They both glanced over at Scott who shuffled into the room, glancing at you for a moment as he sat next to Stiles.

"Scott... there's a way to heal her." Stiles said after what seemed like hours of no one saying anything.

"Stiles she wouldn't want it. You know that." Scott said and gave a sorry look to Stiles who nodded and sighed.

******************************

"What's going on?" Stiles asked as he rushed into the hospital. He'd let Scott convince him to go home and everyone agreed the group could have the day off school to wait for you.

"(Y/N) woke up!" Lydia said with a smile. Scott glanced at Stiles and motioned for him to follow him to a corridor.

"You said you wouldn't bite her." Stiles said as soon as they were alone.

"I didn't! It was Satomi." Scott glanced at a doctor who rushed past before continuing. "Satomi bit her and I came early with Mom, she's helped her progress into our pack but..."

"But what Scott. Yesterday my girlfriend was dying because she was fighting with us and now she is apparently fine!" Stiles snapped, wanting to rush in an see you but he needed Scott to tell him everything.

"We don't know what she is. She's not a werewolf." Scott muttered as he followed Stiles back through. You were sat on your hospital bed with a smile on your face like you'd had nothing but a cold.

Your eyes looked like werewolf eyes only a deep green. It was unnerving but Melissa seemed to have convinced your parents that it was because of the head trauma. "Stiles." You said happily and hugged him as he got closer.

"You're ok." He whispered against your neck, glancing out of the window to see the forest had grown over the car park and was practically climbing into your room through the window.

"She looks to be a haltija. Metsän väki most likely." Satomi said and smiled when she saw the way you and Stiles refused to be parted as Malia arrived and tried to tackle you with a hug.

"She'll be ok?" Stiles asked her and she nodded with a knowing smile as the pack arrived and gathered around you.