II

'Where in the bloody universe am I?' I muttered to myself. I went from standing in a lab to a field. I looked around the field. It was a blandly colored, but tall, grass. The temperature was much hotter here than anywhere I'd ever been. I set down my bag and took of my overcoat. I laid it on the grass and went to pick up my bag, but it had vanished.

  I noticed two silhouettes running away from this area. I sprung to my feet and gave chase. I followed for at least a mile, but I had to slow down. I looked around where I was. It seemed like a place I'd been before. I noticed a small structure nearby. I began to walk towards when all went dark.

  I woke up at least 2 hours later. I was very dazed and confused. Around me were tall, strong, gray people.

"Who are you foreigner." The most imposing said. Then I realized who these were.

  "You are the Eloi, correct?" I muttered.

  "That is correct, I am Xanca, the leader of our beautiful state of... relaxation." Xanca said. Relaxation, like the communism they practice when the Time Traveller comes.

  "Are you a bloody idiot. Communism doesn't work, Xanca." I said. Two of his brutes kicked me. I fell to my knees.

  "You will work with the Morlocks, those frail beasts could use help in the wells." Xanca chillingly said. The Morlocks must have been much weaker during this time.

  "Please trust me, I know how this ends for you." I said. Xanca blankly stared at me. He motioned to the brutes to take me away. I let them drag me out. I would let the Eloi fail.

  "Is what you say true, outsider?" One asked once we got far enough away.

  "Every bit." I said. The brute tossed me away from him and his ally.

  "Take your stuff, prophet, and get away from here." The brute said. He tossed me my bag and I was on my way.

  I walked back to the field. I just sat down and soaked everything in. I was in the future, the precursor of the future I was told about 50 years back. I noticed one of the brutes had followed me.

  "You have stuff I had never seen before. May I look at again?" He said. I tossed him my bag.

  "Keep it. Maybe make a collection of stuff like it." I said. I pulled the time machine from my pocket. I looked down at the ground one last time. The world would be like this in a far future. I pulled the lever and went back to the lab.