I Can't Do It... - Cloudstar

The white and black tom laid in the clearing, putting a paw to his right eye. It was now missing, an ugly pink scar over it. Tears filling his left eye, he looked up as he heard pawsteps. The familiar (f/c) shecat looked down at him. 

"Cloudstar? Are you ok?" the shecat asked, concern in her (e/c) depths. 

  He blinked, standing, shaking his head. Cloudstar's normal stoic expression was back. 

"Did Seedleaf send you?" he inquired.

"What? O-oh no. Stormthroat actually. He's concerned. We all are. You haven't been the same since Ho-"

"Don't!" he hissed, digging his claws into the ground, "Say her name. She could be dead for all I know, and I wouldn't even care!" 

  Cloudstar walked past (y/w/n), towards the camp surrounded by thorn bushes. The trees providing the leader with shade as the sun went down, Why should I care if Honeystar or any of her Outsiders died? He thought bitterly. His fur was matted and ragged, unkempt. He sheathed his claws, walking into the bustling camp. The brown, dark grey and white tom was talking to the light brown tabby Medicine Cat. 

"Stormthroat, Seedleaf." the tom greeted, his eyes narrowing as he saw the concern in both of the cats' eyes. 

  He turned sharply, bounding into his den, it was just below The Burnt Tree. A normal cave, it had lichen covering the entrance and a moss nest in the over back corner. Cloudstar laid in the nest, laying his head on his paws as he glared at the gray stone wall of his den. Memories plaguing his mind, memories of Honeystar and him meeting, of them falling in love... 

"Of that foxheart constantly choosing that mousebrained group of brutes over her own stupid mate!" he hissed out in rage, unaware of the tiny shecat that slipped in. 

"So it is bothering you." (y/w/n) mewed quietly, Cloudstar's attention snapped to her. 

"Why are you here?" he hissed out the question, glaring at the shecat.

"O-o-oh uhhh... S-seedleaf... S-stormthroat-" (y/w/n) began only to get cut off.

"Tell them I don't need their pity." he demanded sternly. 

"Of course Cloudstar..." (y/w/n) answered dejectedly before leaving the den. 

  The white and black leader dug his claws into the moss nest, "Why can't anyone save you from yourself? Poor, naive, STUPID kit." the familiar deep and smooth voice purred. 

  The tom's who matched the voice appeared before the sad leader. A black tabby tom with bright yellow eyes and a gash across his neck. A dark red aura around the Dark Forest tom. 

"What do you want Yarrowstar?" Cloudstar hissed, flattening his ear against his skull. 

  The dead leader padded forward, towering over the current leader. A mischevious grin on the older tom's maw. 

"Funny you should ask." Yarrowstar purred, "I need you to kill someone. One of your warriors in fact." 

"Fine. who is it?" Cloudstar muttered. 

"(y/w/n)." 

  Cloudstar's heart raced, the newest warrior. A former loner. The shecat that seemed to be the only one who wanted his company. 

"N-no..." Cloudstar choked out, immediately Yarrowstar slammed his paw into Cloudstar's head.

"You have no choice. You never did. Not since the gift Owlstar gave you." Yarrowstar hissed. 

  Cloudstar closed his eye, with that the tom vanished. Cloudstar stood, bounding out of his den. Padding over to the Warriors' Den. 

"(y/w/n)?" he called out, soon the (f/c) shecat stood, walking out of the den. 

"Yes Cloudstar?" she inquired curiously. 

"We're going hunting." he stated. 

  The shecat nodded, leaving the camp with her leader. Cloudstar led her to the border, turning around, ready to pounce before sighing. 

"I... I can't do it..." he muttered, sitting down. 

  (y/w/n) stepped forward, putting her nose to Cloudstar's. 

"I forgive you, my leader." she purred, intertwining their tails. 

~~~A/N: It's short, it's crappy. But it's done. Courtesy of Blue~~~