Until Sunrise (Silverpaw x Reader)

"Come on, y/n! You know the deal!" your friend, f/n, teased.

   You huffed in an irritated manner as you stood before a cave near the waterfall just in the territory of BirchClan, nervous. Your friend grinned. "Well, what are you waiting for? You lost the deal, and you know what the means.." "Yeah, yeah, I get it. Stay in the cave until morning," you grumbled. Your friend tilted their head as they continued to grin. "Then why are you just standing there? Scared?~" You turned and snapped at them, "No. I'm not."
   They sat down for a brief moment. "Honestly, she's probably not even real. There's nothing to worry about." You turned your head back to the cave.. taking a deep breath, and walking inside. Your friend smiled mischievously as they stood and began to leave, calling back, "See you tomorrow, y/n! Don't let the lynx bite!~" You growled at them, before beginning to walk to the back of the cave.. There were a few pelts lying on the ground to sleep on, and whatever scent they should've had was stale now. You hesitated, before lying on them, and trying your best to fall asleep as the sun set.

   You ended up awakening later on, and you lifted your head to the sound of pawsteps. Your eyes flashed with terror as you noticed a large, white figure walking into the den, golden eyes glaring at you. You stood up and pressed yourself against the cave wall, hackles raised, as the large feline slowly approached. You found yourself shaking in fear as the lynx stopped just in front of you, lowering her head to get a good look at you.
   "Who are you?" she questioned, her voice deep and slightly rough. You flinched, and murmured, "I-It's.. It's.. It's y/n.." The lynx continued to stare at you, before standing up straight. "Is there any reason as to why you're in my cave?" she asked, her eyes glowing with irritation. "I-It.. was a lost deal," you whispered, and quickly said, "I-I'll leave, if you want! A-And I won't tell anyone you're here, I--" She lifted a paw slightly, silencing you. ".. I never said you had to leave. But I expect you not to come back after this," she growled, showing her teeth a little bit. You gulped. She nudged you aside so she could lay down on the pelts. "How long do you have to stay here?"
   "J-Just until sunrise.. then I promise I won't come back," you said. "Until sunrise," she repeated.. before nodding slightly, laying her head down. "Good." You stared at her for a moment, before laying down nearby. She looked at you. "Are you sure it's a good choice to lay there?" she asked. You looked up at her, "Why? D-Do you not want me to?" "I personally don't care where you sleep. I'm just warning you, it's easy to get cold on the cave floor. And you don't look like you have a thick pelt." You looked at your fur.. indeed, it was short.
   The lynx stared at you, before offering, "You can lay on the pelts as well if you want." "B-But isn't that your bed?" you asked. She moved a little bit. "There's room." You stared at her, before hesitantly moving to lay with her, curling up. She looked at you before setting her head down. You were filled with anxiety, but somehow, sleep managed to ensnare you and drag you to your awaiting dreams. The lynx continued to look at you, before gently curling up around you, lifting a paw and placing it on your shoulders. She stayed awake for a little while longer, before falling asleep as well.

   When morning came, it was clear that the lynx had already been up and out of the den, as a freshly-killed mouse was laying near you. Yet she had still laid down, curled up around you similarly to how she was last night. She looked at you. "I thought you'd be hungry.." she murmured, before speaking at her normal tone. "It wasn't hard to catch anyways." You stared at the mouse, before standing, picking up the mouse and heading towards the exit.
   The lynx stared as you walked, stopping you as she said, "Wait." You turned your head and looked at her, setting down the mouse. "Are you coming back?" she asked. "But.. I thought you told me not to--" "Well, I changed my mind. You can come back whenever you want," she said. You stared at her quietly, before managing a small smile, "I.. I guess I could. Also, I never caught your name..?" She hesitated. ".. It's Silverpaw." You smiled a little more. "Alright, Silverpaw. I-I'll come back," you promised, re-picking up the mouse and heading back to your Clan.
Silverpaw watched as you left, before smiling gently, and murmuring to herself, "I'll be looking forward to it, y/n.."

( Written by SnowiCloud )