[29] i give up

"thanks

"thanks." i said once again, before leaving diego's car.

i opened the door and stepped outside, without any rush making my way to the door.

i heard a door being opened and then quick steps behind me. i turned around as diego's hands rested on my waist and we kissed.

diego kissed me in a different way this time. it felt so... passionate. as if it was his — or our — last time doing it.

i didn't pull away, i kissed back. his hands were gripping my waist each time more, but never hurting, he was careful. my hands lowered from his fluffy hair to his neck, bringing him closer to me if that's possible in any way.

"i love you." he said between the kiss and pulled away, looking deeply inside my eyes once again on that night.

"i-i..." i avoided eye contact again, looking down.

diego held my chin and lifted it up. "you don't need to say it back, baby. i'm just sharing what i feel. i'll make you love me, you'll see." he smiled and pecked my lips.

i had no expression, i didn't know how to act.

"i'll see you around, baby." he then left a last kiss on my forehead and headed to his car. i watched him getting in and then leaving my apartment building. it all seemed so fast and crazy.

i made my way up to my apartment and threw myself on my bed as soon as i reached it.

"if it wasn't for that idiot she would have come with me and we would clear all of this!" i said, kicking the door to my room, while landon followed behind me

"bro, calm the fuck down. it's not his fault. you," he pointed his finger to my chest, "you did it wrong. she would have come with you and y'all would clear things up if you had been nice to her and asked as a normal person. what the fuck were you thinking?" he threw his hands up in the air, "you can't just hold her arm and tell her she's going with you whether she likes it or not!" i threw myself on my bed and covered my face with my hands.

"i give up."

"what?"

"i give up. it ain't going anywhere. she hates me and diego is doing good for her. there's no point on keep trying." i said staring at the ceiling.