3

——————————

We drove for what felt like forever. Probably like an hour. 

Which is still a lot of time for me to think of what I should do. I still thought that this guy were to kidnap me, and I was thinking of mulitple solutions on how to escape. It was hard knowing I don't know anything about him. The ride was awkwardly quiet at first, then I turned the radio on. But everything came out of it felt distorted for me and all I could focus on was my thoughts.

 I don't have food, clothes, my phone is about to die and I don't have a charger, and I wasn't so sure if he was even telling me the truth. I mean, I never told anyone besides Journey about myself, so if he knows these information, maybe I should just give it a go.

After a bit, my eyes start to begin to close, and I tried to resist because Liam might ditch me. But I couldn't. Without even knowing, I started to sleep.

"Hey." Liam looked at me, when I was starting to wake up. "We're close, but I stopped by a diner to take a break." He says softly.

Thankfully, he didn't ditch me. The diner we went to was called Cook, Cafe, Club. I've been here several times with Journey because they had a vast selection. I mean, it's right there, on the name.

Liam ordered for me because I was too tired to think or speak. I wasn't really hungry because I my thoughts filled my appetite, but he offered anyway. I'm like a little kid, being frustrated with the world. I'm usually like this whenever I'm tired. 

Pasta. He ordered pasta. I don't like pasta. I was on the brink of complaining, but remembered that I was still tired, so I shook it off.

"Thanks Samuel." He says to the waiter. It seems that they already know each other. I wonder if he knows.

We ate in silence. He offered to pay the meal and I can't say no if I didn't bring anything with me besides school books and $2.We sat in front of a big glass showing the beautiful scenery and I paused to just stare at it for a few moments and emptied my mind.

"Don't think about it too much. Not now." Liam looks at me, I investigated that he'd already fully eaten his food and I barely touched my pasta, "You know, you're not like most girls."

I gagged and giggled, "Now, that's what every girl in this world has heard."

"True, but I've never really met someone like you. A lot of my female companions often babble about nonsense, and in case you didn't already know, this is some heavy sudden stuff and you're just thinking about it and not saying a word for a few hours. Don't isolate your thoughts like that."

I looked away and tried to change the topic to a more comfortable way because I always feel uneasy whenever someone talks to me like this since it rarely happens, "Female companions... of yours, they talk a lot, you say?"

I sarcastically congratulated myself for being such a smooth idiot inside.

"Yeah, they're fun to talk to but become really annoying." He puts a tone on the word really.

"What a weird taste in girls." I sassed and took one bite of my pasta, then looked at the sun.

"Don't get any wrong ideas here, my main priority is destroying those bandits. I'm serious about this job." He looked at the sun as well and we sat there as I attempt finish my meal.

I never had a close guy friend, so that was a weird chat. Are boys like these? I'm not sure I wanted to ask that question since he's one of the only ones who would know about these.

I looked around the small diner and spot someone I notice: Corleet and Xera. I quickly tried to hide my face as they walk past me and sit on a table near mine.