{ sixteen }

the six littles had been taking it in turn pushing one another down the hill for a while now, and finally, they were starting to tire out a bit. a break was much needed.

slowly, they shuffled over to their caregivers, plopping down on the ground with little whines and groans. jeonghan raised a brow. "is everything okay?"

all six began to complain about how tired they were, even though they'd barely been playing for an hour. the four caregivers snorted, deciding that they should get lunch out of the way to give the littles some time to charge their batteries back up a bit. the sun was still high in the sky, after all. it would be a bit disappointing to have to go home already.

each of the seventeen littles were handed juice boxes, everyone except for joshua drinking grape juice. the eldest had orange. namjoon glanced towards their bag, seeing that there was indeed a juice box in there, but he already knew what was going to happen if he gave it to yoongi. the little always squeezed the box, ending up soaking wet and very pouty. on the other hand, they were risking a lot of embarrassment on his part if they handed him a sippy cup.

normally, yoongi would be having a nap at this time, so in actual fact, he should be having a bottle. that wasn't going to happen, though. there was no way he'd accept it in front of his friends, after a day spent trying to look cool.

seokjin finally made his decision, and pulled out yoongi's underwater patterned sippy cup. he bit his lip in anticipation as he handed it to the boy, who's cheeks heated up immediately. he opened his mouth to complain, but was quickly stopped by jihoon butting in with a gasp.

"wow! look at that! you've got fishes on your cup!" he exclaimed, earning the attention of the other four, who seemed completely mesmerised. seokjin and namjoon both let out a simultaneous sigh of relief, and yoongi's lips curled into a little smile.

"yeah," he replied, nodding his head. "hobi-hyung bought it for me!" there was a proud sort of tone to his voice as he watched the other five stare at his sippy cup in awe. his embarrassment slowly melted away, much to the relief of his caregivers, and before they knew it, he was sucking happily on the orange juice inside.

seokjin had relaxed some since seeing yoongi get along good with the other five. he couldn't say he was pleased to see his baby's clothes covered in dirt, or bruises and grazes littering his arms and legs, but unless yoongi himself complained, he wouldn't intervene.

he knows he can't shelter him forever, and that is the sad part about all of this. yoongi most likely won't need little space for the rest of his life, which is why seokjin tries his hardest to appreciate and cherish the moments he does get with the boy. maybe that can often lead to possessiveness, unwillingness to let go of what they've got. he's guilty of that, sure, but it's just so hard to think that yoongi won't always be his baby.

namjoon snaps him out of his trance with a little squeeze to his knee, and seokjin blinks a few times before giving him a reassuring smile. instead of fearing the future, he wants to live in the present. they're happy right now, yoongi sat carefully between his legs, sippy cup in his mouth. he looks adorable, too. how could they not be happy?

however, jeonghan, who's sat facing yoongi, can see the boy's eyes start to droop closed. the seventeen littles had naps, too, but rarely. they weren't as little as yoongi, so sleeping during the day was usually reserved for when they were sick or didn't get a very good nights rest. jeonghan coughed a little to get seokjin's attention, and once he had it, he nodded towards yoongi.

"are you sleepy, sweetheart?" the eldest said, keeping his voice as quiet as he could as he leaned down to yoongi. the boy shamelessly nodded his head, and even from here, seokjin could see the way his eyes were half closed. how on earth he was tired was beyond him, seeing as he'd napped on the train. however, it had only been short.. plus, he'd been running around..