{ nineteen }

"he doesn't.. do much.."

namjoon glanced over at seokjin from where he was leaned against the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest. the eldest member looked back at him from where he was stood a few feet behind their leader, peering inquisitively over his shoulder. "yeah.." he murmured.

the apartment was eerily quiet without yoongi around. the little was usually a breath of life into a boring day, a giggle in the hallway, a burst of song in the bathtub. now that he was absent, the whole apartment felt.. dull.

that wasn't to say jihoon wasn't a good little to care for, he just.. wasn't what either of them had expected; quiet, observant, looking constantly pensive and like there was something on his mind that he wasn't saying, either in fear or in general disinterest.

something in the two caregiver's told them it was the latter.

the little was sat cross-legged on the floor, his hands fumbling with a fistful of lego blocks on the floor. he'd been playing with them for a while now, building them up as much as he could, dismantling them, building something else, repeat. the television was playing on a random kid's channel in the background, but jihoon wasn't paying attention to the lively characters dancing across the screen.

namjoon looked back at his boyfriend, who'd gone to sit back at the table. he was writing something down in a tattered notebook- probably lyrics to show to yoongi when he returned home. they were fast approaching comeback time, and as much as he hated to admit it, his little boy was going to have to become his adult self again for quite a while now that they were back on schedule.

seokjin glanced up, tossing his pencil down after he'd scribbled out and wrote the same thing a few times, probably feeling frustrated. "he's not very high maintenance at all," he remarked, peeking over the breakfast bar into the living room area. jihoon hadn't moved.

the leader slid himself into the seat across from seokjin, leaving himself in a position where he could still keep an eye on the little, but also in a place where he could comfortably converse with his stressed-out looking hyung.

"mhm.. what's on your mind?"

seokjin quirked a brow at namjoon. he was biting his nails, something he always did when there was something on his mind. unlike jihoon, who seemed to keep things inside just because he didn't care enough to share them, the eldest often wore his heart on his sleeve, and it was easy to tell that he was different. he kept things in to avoid being judged.

"i just.." he began to speak, ready to even slightly let onto the fact that he was just feeling apprehensive about their comeback plus little yoongi and how that was going to turn out. however, seokjin's words were quickly interrupted by the sound of the front door busting open, a loud shout echoing around the apartment.

jihoon looked up at the intruder, his brows quirked. taehyung stood there, his arm over jungkook's shoulder who had flushed cheeks and seemed to be quite out of breath. "i won!" the elder was exclaiming, large hand curled into a fist and punching at the air. jungkook slung his arm off. "shut up- hey, who are you?"

the two bangtan maknaes stopped.. whatever they'd been doing, in favour of inspecting the small human sitting on the floor. for a split second, they both thought it was yoongi, but then looked closer, and.. still thought it was yoongi.

there was just something.. off.

"lee jihoon, seventeen," seokjin said, appearing in the kitchen doorway. he had his arms crossed. "he and yoongi played a nice little trick on us today at the park. they swapped. so he's gonna stay here with us tonight," he explained, laughing quietly at the incredulous looks on jungkook and taehyung's faces.