Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty      

Peter had been flying around the outside of the ship when he heard a pirate shout,  

"It's that Wendy girl!"  

Peter froze where he was and slowly looked onto the ship.  He saw Hook holding Wendy an arm's length away from him.  Peter scowled at Hook and was forced to watch Hook make Wendy tell a story.  If Peter went to get her, the plan would be ruined.  

Peter hung onto the side while simultaneously shooting Hook murderous looks.  The fact that Wendy got caught provided Tiger Lily with the time she needed to free the Lost Boys, but it was slow work and she only had three of them cut free.  

A pirate looked in Peter's direction and he dropped down, loosing track of the conversation.  When he looked up again, Hook was holding Wendy in front of him, hook raised, about to kill her.  

To hell with the plan, Peter thought but at the same time, Tootles shouted,  

"Fairy dust!"  

"Tootles!" Wendy yelled. "I said not to!"  

"Sorry," he muttered.  

"Fairy dust," Hook repeated. "Brilliant. Now, this Peter, in your story, what would make him unhappy so gravity would have something to pull at?"  

Peter made a fist and it took all his control not to go rushing onto the deck.  

"Nothing," Wendy smirked. "Nothing can make him unhappy."  

"Well, in that case, if you're not going to openly admit it, we'll just have you walk the plank."  

Hook knew.  He had to.  He knew what Peter's weakness was, his rope that gravity could pull him down with.  

Hook tied Wendy's hands behind her and shoved her over to the plank.  Peter's eyes went wide and he hurriedly flew to the other side of the boat.  The Lost Boys screamed and Peter knew she had jumped.  He reached the other side, expecting to see her drowning in the water, but she wasn't.  Wendy was flying, hovering above the water.  

She grinned at him and shook her arm, motioning for him to cut her free.  Peter zoomed over, taking out his sword and slicing her free.  She flew over to the side of the ship and held onto a rope.  

"You okay?" Peter whispered.  

She smiled at him with her cute dimpled smile.  "Never been better."  

There was a cry from the deck.  "How'd those boys get free?"  

Wendy winked at Peter and drew her sword.  

"Catch ya later," she grinned and flew onto the deck.  

There were the sounds of clashing swords and a pirate was kicked off the deck and fell with a splash into the water.  Peter suspected it was Tiger Lily, she had a tendency to overdo it.  Peter drew his sword and flew onto the deck just in time to see Hook charge Wendy.  

Peter jumped in front of Hook and locked their blades.  

"That's not very nice," Peter frowned, shaking his head.  

Hook roared and chopped his sword at Peter.  Peter spun and caught the strike with his sword.  Hook swung again and Peter flew over him, stepping on his head before landing.  

Hook spun around and huffed before swinging again.  Peter flew above it, lazily knocking Hook's blade away.  

"Not bad," Hook snarled.  "For a boy."