2 | Irene

I heard how the door was opened and that some confused voices were talking. Then, quick footsteps directed to my room were heard.

There was a long silence that was expanding through my room. I was afraid what Kai's reaction could be.

—Seulgi? Why is this guy in our house?—Kai asked. I could see in his eyes that this wasn't gonna end good.
—Calm down, Kai. He just helped me to come home safe.
—Why didn't you ask me instead?—Kai was shouting mad.
—Because you were in classes! I don't want to interfere, Kai.
—It doesn't matter! I'm your friend! You shouldn't be alone with a guy you just met.
—Our...house?—a confused Taehyung asked looking at both of us.

I sighed.

—Yes, our house. I live with Kai...—I said.
—...But he's a man. It's not right to live with a guy, Seulgi.—Tae replied.

Taehyung's face was worried. Then looked at Kai.

—Listen up, Taehyung. I don't trust you neither. Why didn't you call me? I'm Seulgi's best friend.
—Well, because I thought I-
—Can both of you shut up?—I said loudly to interrupt the fighting that was going to begin.
—Kai, you were busy so I didn't call you, and Taehyung, he's my best friend. He's like a brother to me, Kai wouldn't do anything.

Kai had a hurt expression and Taehyung wasn't comfortable. They kept glancing at each other.

—Kai, you should go to your dancing classes, I'll rest. Taehyung, you can go now. I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble.
—I won't go.—both of them said.
—It's fine, I can stay here by my own. I'm not a kid anymore.—I smiled at them. I really appreciated that they were worried about me but I would cause trouble to them.
—You should go, Taehyung. Because I'm living with Seulgi, I'll stay by her side.—Kai said. His irritation calmed a bit, but Taehyung seemed a little troubled.

What was he thinking?

—Fine, just... Seulgi, take care.—Taehyung smiled at me, without happiness reaching his eyes. He extended his arms as if he was going to hug me, but quickly put them down.—See you.

Then he left.

I didn't know why my heart felt... Weird. Like if something was gone.

Like if I needed to follow him.

—Seulgi, my sweet bear!—shouted a girl who was hugging me from behind.—I missed you.

She was Irene, my best friend apart from Kai. Irene was a pretty girl that was always admired by her beauty and intelligence. All the boys in the class and including from all the high school, loved her. She never had a boyfriend just because she didn't trust on any boys, she was waiting for the right guy.

—Me too.—I turned myself and hugged back.—How were your vacations?
—Exciting. There was this amusement park were all types of cute bears were shown. I brought you... This!—she gave me a brown toy bear from her backpack.
—Oh.—I laughed looking and taking the bear.—It's really fluffy.
—Just like you!
—Okay class, take a seat.—the biology teacher said.

I went to my place and noticed that Taehyung was looking at me. He quickly turned away.

—Tae, good morning!—I greeted, but there was no reply.