3 | Circle

Seulgi's POV

Seulgi, wake up!
—...
—Not again.—a man's voice was heard sighing.

At first, it seemed as if it was my imagination, but then, I felt how I was being carried away like a sack of potatoes.

I yawned.

—Kai... Is it you?—I asked half-asleep.
—Yeah! Who else would it be?
—Right... Can I go back to sleep now?
—No, you have to go to school again.
—Mmm...

The little move from Kai's walk was making me fall asleep again, so when he noticed, a rapidly movement put me on a cold material.

My eyes shut open.

—It's cold!— I said staring at where I was.

The first thing I noticed was the whitish floor which leaded to a spacious bathtub. Turning my head I made eye contact with Kai.

—Really? I thought you had to cool down a little.—he laughed.—Now take a shower, we gotta go.—he walked away and closed the door.

Mumbling nonsense to his ears and almost swears to mine's, I got in the shower.

—Okay guys, take a seat.

Everyone took their sit and spoke with their partner.

Taehyung was obviously sleeping, so I called him to wake up.

He slowly moved his head trying to acknowledge who it was, and when his eyes connected mine's, my breath stopped right away.

His left cheek was notoriously fluffly with a purple color, and small cuts were all over his face.

As if he noticed why I was surprised, he quickly turned away.

—Taehyung, I know you can hear me. I'm not a ghost. Why are you hurt? Did something happen?
—Class, stay quiet. We're gonna start now.—Mr. Kim said.—Everyone will work on the activity four of the book, with your seat-partner. So yes, basically the person next to you is your team.
—Taehyung!
—Miss Kang, please keep it low.—said the teacher with death eyes.
—Y-Yes.—my face turned red.
—I already did the chapter Mr. Kim told us to, so you can copy it if you want.—a voice said to me.

If it wasn't because that voice was characterized by its deep tone, I wouldn't have noticed it came from a Taehyung which was laying on the table, trying to sleep.

His swollen eyes were looking at me in a way someone could notice he wasn't really there. It was depressing and worrying.

—T-Thank you.—I grabbed his book keeping the eye contact, that he broke later.—So Taehyung, how a-
—Stop it. I won't answer anything else that is not related with school.—he interrupted.
—Why?
—...
—I'm just trying to talk to you. I don't even know the reason why you keep avoiding me.
—Because I shouldn't talk to you.
—And why not?—I insisted.—Answer me, Taehyung! Is it related with those punches and cuts all over your face?
—Seulgi... You don't know anything.
—Of course I don't so that's why I want to know.
—...You want to know that bad?
—Yes.—I kept staring at him.

He incorpored himself and put closer, so whatever he was going to say would stay as a whisper. Then, our glares were engaged.