Chapter Four of TOSH

Chapter Four

Origin of the Demon

'So you're telling me that my father wanted the throne for himself, is that right?', I asked Namik.

'Yes', Namik said with a nod.

'Then why hasn't he taken it. I mean, it should have been him after Sufeus, right?', I asked, looking at Namik and Murphy.

'That is because he was forced to elect Leonard as the successor to the throne. Tosh, trust me. Your father still wants the throne and is definitely planning to kill Leonard or frame him and get the throne', Namik said, expressing concern.

'How can you be so sure?', Murphy asked.

'Because I was trapped. I escaped from the assassins and landed here', Namik said.

'You should probably sleep. You need rest', I said to Namik.

Namik nodded and went inside his shell to sleep. Meanwhile, I called Murphy outside to speak with him.

'What do you think?', I asked Murphy.

'This could be true. I have also heard about Kryldoom. He is very dangerous', Murphy said.

'Murphy, I know that you've fought earlier with Kasazar. But when?', I asked.

'It was just before I saved you. He was trying to kidnap a bird', Murphy said.

'Which bird?', I asked, looking at his eyes.

'A crow. I couldn't save him. They took him, because I hesitated to kill them. Later on, I realized that killing them was the only way to save you', Murphy said.

'A crow? That was my friend Rocky. Why didn't you tell me this earlier?', I asked, shouting.

'I am sorry', Murphy replied in a low voice.

'That doesn't undo his absence, does it?', I asked, in an angry and sarcastic way.

'It sure doesn't. But we can get him back. Let's go and find him', Murphy said, looking at me.

'Wait, first let us know more about this Kryldoom. Then we'll go', I said.

'You just want to listen to some more stories, since you can neither fly nor fight, isn't it so?', Murphy asked, in a teasing manner.

'Well, you have got to know your enemy before you take on him', I said.

'You are a bird, just a bird', Murphy said, trying to mock me.

'Eagle', I said, interrupting him.

'Whatever, you're still weak', Murphy said.

'My father, who is also the same as me, he did all these which even you cannot pull off. So keep that in mind, birds aren't weak', I said, looking at his eyes.

'Kryldoom is a monster', Murphy shouted.

'So what!', I shouted back.

'Why are you two fighting?', Namik shouted from inside the den.

'Great. Now you've woke him up', I said, looking at Murphy. He sighed.

'Bad bear', I said to Namik, pointing at Murphy.

'Listen Tosh, you have to know about Kryldoom before you even talk about him to others', Namik said, as he came near us.

'Why is his name being so confidential now? He's not some He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named guy, is he?', I asked Namik, with a sarcastic grin.