Chapter Nine of TOSH

Chapter 9

Kingdom

'Invisible? Buddy, you've gone mad', Murphy said.

'No, listen to me'

'He kills whatever he sees', I said.

'Yeah. So, you are planning to become invisible and outwit him, right?', Murphy asked in a sarcastic tone.

'Yes, and I need your help', I said, looking at Murphy.

'I don't know anything about invisibility', Murphy said.

'Not that, stupid. I want you to distract him', I said.

'I can do that. But what will you do then?', Murphy asked.

'He will kill whatever he sees, which means that if he can't see us, he won't be able to kill us. My father already took out one of his eyes. I'll have to just blind him now', I said.

'This plan might actually work', Murphy said.

'Let's do I', I said.

Murphy went outside and called Kryldoom near. Kryldoom started moving towards him. I planned my attack meanwhile and as soon as Kryldoom went past me, I came in front of the rock and flew above his head. But unfortunately, there wasn't enough room in the cave for me to get some altitude and attack his vision.

I immediately went near Murphy. He was running as fast as he could.

I went near and said, 'Buddy, lure him out of the cave'.

'What? Are you insane? He might escape and reach Milea', Murphy shouted, as he was running, or perhaps being chased by a forty-feet tall monster.

'Murphy, do it. Trust me', I shouted and flew up high in the sky, towards the clouds.

Murphy immediately headed out of the cave. Kryldoom chased him. As soon as he reached out of the cave, Kryldoom managed to catch Murphy. He placed his foot on top of Murphy and opened his mouth to kill him. Murphy was unable to bear the pain. He was struggling to breathe.

'You have fought bravely, but this is how you die', Kryldoom shouted.

As Kryldoom was about to kill Murphy, I swooped down from the clouds, at a great speed and dived right on Kryldoom's face, tearing his eyeball entirely with my talons. Kryldoom shouted, unable to bear the pain and moved back. Murphy got up and moved aside.

Kryldoom shouted in pain. Blood was gushing out from his eyes.

'You think I am nothing without my vision. You are wrong. I don't need eyes to kill you', Kryldoom said.

'Now what?', Murphy whispered in to my ear.

'We have to be silent. I'll lure him to the cliff', I replied.

I stood in front of Kryldoom.

'Now that you don't have eyes, you are powerless', I shouted.

'We will see', Kryldoom shouted back, trying to figure out the direction my voice came from.

'Come catch me Kryldoom', I shouted.

Kryldoom charged towards me. I flew up and managed to escape his attack.

'Airborne, aren't you? Coward. Face me on land', Kryldoom shouted.

'I will, Kryldoom. Come forward', I shouted back.

'I know you're playing some trick. I won't fall for any of your cheap tactics', Kryldoom said.

'Now, who' the coward?', I asked back.