Chapter 19

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter

A/N: This is before the ending of the previous chapter

=======

Albus

Someone was shaking him awake.

"...Al... wake—now!"

Al groaned and rolled onto his back, not wanting to be disturbed in his sleep.

"—us! Wake—" the shaking grew frantic, "Wake up already!"

"—erlin's beard!... sleeping pills— let me—this,"

Al was thrown off his bed.

"Argh—" he crashed into something quite hard and at somewhat soft. Both he and the object he crashed into went plummeting down the floor.

"For Merlin's sake," The object said, groaning under Al's weight, wait what? "Krish, what was that for?"

Albus wildly opened his eyes and pushed himself up on his elbows, his eyes landing on Derrick. The two boys stared and blinked, before scrambling away from each other. The image of him pinning down another boy his age permanently burned inside his mind. Al groaned.

Krish doesn't seem to care as she was too busy pocketing her wand, "See, now he's awake."

"That was awesome," Dennis said in awe beside Krish.

"No it's not," Albus growled, dusting off his clothes, "What was the wakeup call for?" then something dawned on him, "What are you doing here?" he asked Krish, "you're not a Gryffindor."

The three teenagers stared at him in disbelief, "Are you serious right now?" Dennis asked, "Don't you know what's going on?"

That was when Al suddenly noticed the state of his room. The bed were empty, blankets thrown on the floor, as if students were in a rush from leaving the room. How he didn't hear the commotion was beyond him, it was obvious the tower was being evacuated.

A memory clicked inside Albus's mind.

He knew what was going on, it's happening.

Did the teacher not notice that he was left alone here? Or he was woken up, but too sleepy to actually follow orders. But whatever it is, Albus was left sleeping in his bed, unaware of what was going on.

"We need to leave, now," was all Al said as he dashed out of the room, aware of what was going outside.

"I'm taking that as you know what's going on," Derrick said from Al's back as they ran down the dormitory stairs and into the Gryffindor lounge.

"Yes! And if I don't meet Snape I can kiss my way home goodbye!"

He vaguely remember the potion master sending him a letter to go fetch something the dungeon when he had the time, something to do with his way home. But so much things had happened, his mom and dad were together, his emotions were all over the place, he actually can't believe himself he lost track of time.

Time, how ironic.

"Snape? What is—" whatever it is Krish was going to ask, she was cut off as soon as they got out of the portrait, the fat lady gone.

McGonagall was screaming orders at passing older students and— old members of the Order? Strands of hair falling on her face as sounds of object crashing and breaking reverberated across the whole castle. Her eyes landed on the four students and pure panic enveloped her face. Albus felt himself stiffen, it was obvious they weren't supposed to be there.