Demons

You stared dreamily at your teacher, the young and handsome Yukio. He was every girls dream come true. He was nice, and was also the youngest to ever reach the rank of exorcist. Every girl in the school had to have had a crush on him. Even knowing this, you couldn’t help but daydream. You hear a bell ring off in the distance, snapping you out of your daydream. You realized that once again, you had not heard a thing he said the entire class.

You slowly packed up your notebook and followed the herd of students out of the classroom. You waited outside the door scanning the crowd for Yukio. You had decided the night before that today would be the day you finally confronted him. 

You waited for a good ten minutes before you saw him exit the classroom followed by his older-but much less mature-brother, Rin. You hid and decided to follow them in hope that you could talk to him alone.

They slowly walked off not giving any indication they had seen you. You followed them, being careful not to be spotted.

~oOo~

It had taken awhile but Yukio was finally alone. He had left his brother at the door to their dorms and strolled off down a side street after telling Rin that he wanted to take a walk.

You waited to see if Yukio was meeting with anyone. When he didn’t, you kept following while trying to calm your shaking nerves. Slowly catching up, you began to speak to get his attention. You stopped at the site of another follower. Behind Yukio floated a small black demon you didn’t recognize.

“Yukio, watch out behind you!” you shouted stumbling forward. Tripping, you fell on the ground, hoping your warning had been enough.

The little demon sped off in fright and you looked up to see Yukio with a grin of amusement. “I wasn’t in any danger. If you’d been paying attention in class you’d know that’s a perfectly harmless species of demon.”

Your face grew red in embarrassment. “Sorry.” You whispered looking down at your feet. 

“Why did you follow me?” he asked. So he knew you were there the entire time.

Your face grew even redder as you took a deep breath and stared up at him. “It’s because I like you. You probably get that a lot but I thought I should get it out in the open.”

Yukio didn’t say anything for a few minutes. You glanced up. Your face turned to one of hurt and confusion as you saw what he was doing. His face had grown serious and he was now pointing his gun at your head.

“I guess that’s a no. You could have said it in a nicer fashion.” You pouted.

His finger closed around the trigger and you closed your eyes waiting in anticipation for the pain.  You heard the two shots fire. When no pain came, you risked a glance. Yukio was now smirking as he holstered the weapon. At the confusion on your face, he began to chuckle. This soon grew into a full laugh.

“Why did you do that?” you ask, not amused in the slightest. 

“There was demon behind you that may have harmed you given the chance. Again, if you’d been paying attention in my class, you would know the importance of always watching your back.”

You smiled in return. You start laughing to yourself. How could you have thought Yukio would threaten you over a simple statement?

“As response to your earlier statement, you know I can’t be in a relationship with a student.”

“Remember, you’re a student too. I’m simply your classmate who has a crush on you.” Yukio’s face darkened into a deep scarlet color. He didn’t respond for several minutes. The awkward silence was killing you. You needed him to respond one way or the other, preferably with a yes.

“Please answer me.” You face grew red once again as you stared at the ground, hoping for the best while preparing for the worse.

After several minutes, you felt him gently lift your chin so he could look into your (e/c) eyes. “I guess you’re right. You are my classmate as well as my student.” He smiled as he bent down to press his lips gently against yours. You could feel the heat rising into your already red cheeks.

Pulling apart he grinned at you. “I need to get back and plan tomorrow’s lesson. I’ll meet you after class.”

He bent to whisper in your ears. “Just promise to pay more attention from now on in my class, ok?”

You agreed. That way you could avoid making any more embarrassing mistakes in front of Yukio. 

As you watched him leave, you smiled to yourself. Just by being the one to step forward with your feelings, you had gotten to kiss the young exorcist. 

For the first time in your life, you looked forward to school.