Chapter Two

I closed my eyes and held my breath. My throat is now burning, daring me to breathe.

I open my mouth gasping for air as I sit up in my bunk. I'm drenched with sweat. Throwing the covers off my sweaty body as I climb out of bed and start to stretch most of my muscles. Walking to the chest at the end of my bunk I open it quietly, not to disturb any of the other cadets i'm sharing this tent with. I grab my towel, clean underwear, and my clean uniform and put on my dirty brown jesus sandals and I set off for the co-ed showers. As I walk out of the tent I can see that the sun is about to break the horizon with its powerful flames.

I have to walk about thirty feet to get to the showers. A sharp left at the tent entrance/ exit and walk for five feet, a wide left turn around the water tank for ten feet, walk alongside the main tent for another ten feet, take another sharp left turn and walk for five feet to the co-ed shower entrance. I open the first door take a few steps inside to avoid the door closing behind me. Walking to the next door I open it and walk to the very last stall on the right side of the showers.

I set my objects down on a bench outside the shower and start to strip my clothing until I am fully naked. I turn the shower to cold and step underneath the running water. A sharp gasp escapes my lips as the icy water hits my body.

The water wakes up my senses as I stand there. I wash my body of my dreams and erase everything that has happen to me this morning until now.

"Lei." Someone called out my name from the entrance of this building. I am sure it was Nasim. He always tried to beat me to the showers, but I always wake up before anyone else, even Nasim.

"In the usual spot." I called out to him.

"Damn!" Nasim said loud enough for me to barely hear.

I walk out and he is already naked, and so am I. I try to keep my eyes from checking him out.

"It is okay if you look. I don't mind ya know." He smirked at me.

"Only because we have known each other for most of our lives. I have already seen you naked countless of times. Nothing new except you are happy to see me this morning." I smirk as I grab my towel and dry myself off in front of him on purpose, just to get him riled up, and frustrated.

"Damn, Lei. Why do you have to go and do this to me again?"

"You know we can't do anything, we are not like that, you and me. We get each other but we wouldn't dare to even try because we understand one another. We're family." I said with a straight face as I finish drying off and start to put my clothing on.

"Good luck next time." I say as I pass him, Nasim sighs with defeat. I walk to the nearest watering hole to wash my dirty clothes.